Go FiSH! 2 - Deep Sea is Released!

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Let's Go FiSH!

You know you've done something right when fans from all over the world send email and IMs begging (and sometimes demanding) a sequel to one of your games. With that, I'm very proud to announce that the sequel to my hit WarCraft 3 fishing sim, Go FiSH!, has been written, thoroughly tested, and deemed ready. Go FiSH! 2 - Deep Sea is now officially released. :cool:

You can download it at the official website, and please feel welcome to join the official Go FiSH! forum or post on TH.net's AlmostInteractive Games forum.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Thank you. :cool:

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Any other THers managed to play this yet? I appreciate the feedback.

A

alzidaney

Yeah. I did. And being a first time player of this type of game, I'd appreciate if instructions were flashed out on game start so we sorta know what to do. And if its possible to make game time go faster. Coz after a while it became a drag to fish up enough for a boat. Also, I never get medium size and rare ones on the shorelines even though I have their ultimate baits.. :)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Yeah, it's great ;)

but, if you +repped pawnable, you did him a good and a bad:
The good is: PAWNABLE REP THE PEOPLE YOU WANT AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!!!
The bad is that he wants to be -repped for a good job :p

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Alzi, wish I knew where you were fishing. Sometimes there just ARE no medium fish in some spaced, even though you have the bait for them. :) If you toss your line in a tiny pond in real life, even with a big ol' bass lure, you're not gonna catch anything big.

If you're not a fisherman in real life, my suggestion is to think where fish might like to hang out. Typically fish will congregate where its cooler, so underneath debris or in deeper water. Its a big map, dont stick to one spot. ;)

D

Demonspawn21

Pretty darn good map, here are some flaws that I found

1.) The fish finder that is made for boats, is hard to use. As there is no refrence to where the fish are, no scenery to use to figure out where the fishys are.

2.) The naga always gives me a bag for extra fish when I bring her 50 pounds (even multiple times)

3.) I've found no way to aqquire a special rod.

4.) Even at 40 str I've still had LARGE fish escape me (I knew it was large becuz of my fish finder, And yes I know there are giant fish)

Heh my favorite part was....

Catching a Scuba Diver
Catching a Mermaid
Catching a Rock-whore (Or something like that)

Then they had a big orgy 0_o

Anyway, GOOD JOB!

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
1.) The fish finder that is made for boats, is hard to use. As there is no refrence to where the fish are, no scenery to use to figure out where the fishys are.

> My mistake. :-/ I thought everyone knew how a fish finder worked. I'll adjust the tooltip to state that "The FiSH Finder shows fish directly underneath the boat."

2.) The naga always gives me a bag for extra fish when I bring her 50 pounds (even multiple times)

> She gave you the bag over and over again? I'm pretty sure I put a check in to stop that. I'll test that myself, and fix it if necessary.

3.) I've found no way to aqquire a special rod.

> Thats not a problem. ;) You just havent figured it out.

4.) Even at 40 str I've still had LARGE fish escape me (I knew it was large becuz of my fish finder, And yes I know there are giant fish)

> There is always randomness in fishing. You might have 40 str, but a 40lb fish still has a chance to get away. There -is- a point where you will always catch X weight fish at Y strength, but I think failing to catch a fish at 40 str is fine. Plus, even though the fish finder didnt show any huges, it doesnt mean for sure that there were none in the area where you were fishing.

D

Demonspawn21

> There is always randomness in fishing. You might have 40 str, but a 40lb fish still has a chance to get away. There -is- a point where you will always catch X weight fish at Y strength, but I think failing to catch a fish at 40 str is fine. Plus, even though the fish finder didnt show any huges, it doesnt mean for sure that there were none in the area where you were fishing.

....Did I forget to mention that I was fishing near the Pond area (Aka the very shallow land)?

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
That is not possible. First, there are no large fish in very shallow water. Second, 40 strength would surpass any small- or medium-weight fish, and you would land it 100%.

Therefore, I think you are in error in your memory, and would bet any amount that you could not reproduce this effect. If you can, save the replay, and send it to me. :cool:

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Curious, has anyone managed to assemble the Secret Pole?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I played it and it looked nice, first throwed 7- 20 times just hook :p Then I relized I have to wait. Overall it was good- not too much extras. Just go buy equipment and start fishing. Good side is that there isn' t no violent(s)?, I didn' t need to worry about who will kill me. Even Sea Guards where polite.
I never found Naga Siren though I went to some kind of island where were Nagas but not her. Bout was at first a bit expencive but still nicely balanced. I really liked these fish item pictures. Most favorite was ghoust ship where were two ghousts ? They where beautiful.
Best place for me was near ship wreck in some canion ? I got by fishing two treasures- old boots and rhusty hook kind of thing. These anouncements what stated who got first in game medium/ big fish was so original. I even enjoyed reading fishermen jokes.
Maybe you could add command what lets you to see how fast moves your bout or write in tooltips but it is just an extra anyway. This was map what I loved to play, I even saved my game( Currently playing free mode. But what means this 03:00 pm only one hour to play/ fish or something like that ?).
I haven' t found no quests yet dunno how to get one even.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Thanks for that comprehensive comment. :) Go FiSH! (the original) was just an experiment piece, something I scrapped together in a weekend. But what I found was that you could take the same people who, when playing violent versus games, use the keyboard only to spam "OMG dick" or "wtf haha you suk noob", and put them into a non violent yet still competitive atmosphere and suddenly they're helpful, kind, and fun to talk to. So my affection for non-violent games is growing. I see myself doing a lot more non-violent games in the future.

Sorry about that 3:00 thing. That's left over from Multiplayer, and I guess I forgot to take it out. I have to release a v1.1 to fix a few tiny bugs, and I'll take care of that one too. Thank you. :)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would suggest that you may put AI in thier for practicing ang make it more fun for ppl who can't play BNet or GGClient. Its not really that hard to make AI using triggers. I wish I could post a tutorial but im not a member yet (I don't know why, I already activated my acc. I think you must get at least to go to be a MEMBER [still junior :( ]). But maybe I'll just PM you with the triggers but you must tell me about the things that you want them to do like when they are in lvl 5, they will go to the deep water and in lvl 30 they will go to deeper water. You may PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] or [email protected].

Oh, and Demonspawn, I thought the Fish Finder only works on boats, but how did you get a boat in a pond, huh?
And you said that you used the fish finder, so if you use an excuse at "I didn't use the boat and the Fish Finder!", that means YOU ARE LIEING!! :p

TNX,
-=Tôink=-®™ / DenZel94 - (wc3sear.ch)

EDIT: Already PMed you, if you did not aquire the message, please tell me.. and tell me if i left something out.. and sorry if i pm you late, im still in school and Im only on at 5:00PM - 9:00PM (GMT +8)

D

Demonspawn21

denmax said:
Oh, and Demonspawn, I thought the Fish Finder only works on boats, but how did you get a boat in a pond, huh?
And you said that you used the fish finder, so if you use an excuse at "I didn't use the boat and the Fish Finder!", that means YOU ARE LYING!!

Fixed

And did it ever occur to you that I might be using a cheat to bring up my str and activate the fish finder without a boat? Or did that simply never go thru your mind?

Drakens

Reaction score
I have played this map and i have to say it's really fun :D
I was looking on b.net and I saw a game about something of FiSH, so I joined (yes, I like "unusual" maps). I liked it ^^
After a few days I read here that you are the creator and you were making a new version :p
I played this new version with my friends and it was fun

Great map ;)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Demonspawn21
And did it ever occur to you that I might be using a cheat to bring up my str and activate the fish finder without a boat? Or did that simply never go thru your mind?

Oh so you are saying that there is a cheat? Oh well, I don't want to argue..

EDIT: Question,
Does the exp. grow when you catch bigger fish, if so, can you make it add also by the weight? For example, each weight bonus will add 10 experience bonus to your exp.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
denmax said:
Oh so you are saying that there is a cheat? Oh well, I don't want to argue..

EDIT: Question,
Does the exp. grow when you catch bigger fish, if so, can you make it add also by the weight? For example, each weight bonus will add 10 experience bonus to your exp.

There is no cheat. I tend to agree with you.

EXP does not grow when you catch bigger fish, it remains at a constant rate, which proves just about right in gameplay. I didnt want a player to get to the level when catching HUGE fish was an easy, boring task.

If I can get a robust, non-linear AI system designed, I'll add it. I dont want to put in a half-assed one, ya know?

Reaction score
Yeeaahhaw! I had forgotten about the game since I downloaded it, but tried it again just a while ago. And I assembled the secret pole :D Nice bonuses, nice parts :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.