Halloween Contest #2 (Results Posted)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it always takes some time. for the last contests results we had to wait more then a month if i remember correctly.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This contest is (and has been) over for awhile.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's hard to get a group going to get these tested online, so it's been slow.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations to Angel_Island, RangerX, and FhelZone!

Sorry, would have been done sooner, but I sucked up being alone and tested them all. I believe I PM'd everyone their score percentage and informed those disqualified of their disqualification.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mind posting the scores and some brief comments here? :rolleyes:

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
>scores
I PM'd the scores to the contestants for privacy reasons but I'll include comments here.

>vanDarkmoor
Right, I'll resend it.

>only 3
Five people entered but two were disqualified because their maps wouldn't open in WC3.

RangerX's Candy Rush
This map was probably the least polished. I mean hell, you didn't even rename the hero picker or give good instructions, so that was where it fell down. You didn't even know you could trick-or-treat until half way into it! But it was pretty decently made, and it was fun.

Angel_Island's Forest of Death
It wasn't very fun to play because it was really just walking around in random directions. That simply is not very appealing to a player, it's like, 'oh cool, I guess I'll just walk around in this map for awhile.' The Grim Reaper idea was very thoughtful though, and it was decently terrained.

FhelZone's Spooks vs. Zombies
It was a bit more polished than the rest, but gameplay was confusing and people had no idea their score so there wasn't really a replay value, which is extremely important in Minigames. Part of the scoring was how well you took advantage of WC3 models, which you lost a few points on. It was also not difficult because you could stand at the top-left corner and spam the A button, and zombies wouldn't be able to get through the entrance.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> I PM'd the scores to the contestants for privacy reasons but I'll include comments here.
Privacy reasons? Were their post codes in the scores or something? I think the public are entitled to know the scores in a TH contest.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Code:
	RangerX's Candy Rush
		20 Points for Efficiency
		15 Points for Fun
		5  Points for Originality
		10 Points for Minigame-esque

TOTAL:
		73 Points = 73/100 = 73%

Angel_Island's Forest of Death
		36 Points for Aesthetics
		20 Points for Efficiency
		13 Points for Fun
		8  Points for Minigame-esque

TOTAL:
		84 Points = 84/100 = 84%

FhelZone's Spooks vs. Zombies
		34 Points for Aesthetics
		20 Points for Efficiency
		12 Points for Fun
		9 Points for Minigame-esque

TOTAL:
		80 Points = 80/100 = 80%

:)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
o_O I don't get it, if you total the scores again angel_island would end up with 82% and I got 80% on the thread while you PMed me I got 83% lol... Too bad 2 got disqualified. Enjoyed the mapping anyway hope there will be another one for Christmas. [I really do it was fun, at least it gets you off for a while in serious map making in your MAIN map. And it gets the community to do something ;) good old days when thehelper allowed ordinary members to create their own contests :D]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> good old days when thehelper allowed ordinary members to create their own contests
They were disallowed for a reason. Tooltiperror got special permission to host this. Staff members are more suited for the job.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.