b_ray210

Reaction score
Empowerment
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Empowerment
Actions
Set empowermenttreewallinteger = (Number of units in (Units within 700.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Destructible-type of (Matching destructible)) Equal to Felwood Tree Wall)))
Set empowermentcanopytreeinteger = (Number of units in (Units within 700.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Destructible-type of (Matching destructible)) Equal to Felwood Canopy Tree)))
Set empowermenttotalinteger = (empowermentcanopytreeinteger + empowermenttreewallinteger)
Unit - Add Damage Bonus (multiple levels) to (Triggering unit)
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
empowermenttotalinteger Less than or equal to 100
Then - Actions
Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus (multiple levels) for (Triggering unit) to (empowermenttotalinteger x (2 + (Level of Empowerment for (Triggering unit))))
Else - Actions
Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus (multiple levels) for (Triggering unit) to 100
Wait (10.00 + (2.00 x (Real((Level of Empowerment for (Triggering unit)))))) seconds
Unit - Remove Damage Bonus (multiple levels) from (Triggering unit)

It is supposed to count all of the trees in a 700 AOE around the casting hero (I only have Felwood tree walls and Felwood canopy trees in my map) and give my hero bonus damage based on the amount of the trees. It is supposed to give 3/4/5/6 bonus damage per tree for 12/14/16/18 seconds and I did this by creating the ability "Damage Bonus (multiple levels)" which has 100 levels, +1 damage per level and setting the level of the ability to the amount of trees (times 3/4/5/6). The problem is when I cast it my damage always goes up by +1 no matter how many trees are around. :( Can anyone see the problem?
Oh yeah and I made a +100 damage cap also

Dirac

Reaction score
Did you copy that manually? Please repost the trigger using Right Click+Copy as text option and use
Trigger:
  • tags around the text

b_ray210

Reaction score
Oh sorry, I used the copy as text but didn't know how to use wc3 tags until now :) here ya go:

Trigger:
  • Empowerment
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Empowerment
    • Actions
      • Set empowermenttreewallinteger = (Number of units in (Units within 700.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Destructible-type of (Matching destructible)) Equal to Felwood Tree Wall)))
      • Set empowermentcanopytreeinteger = (Number of units in (Units within 700.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Destructible-type of (Matching destructible)) Equal to Felwood Canopy Tree)))
      • Set empowermenttotalinteger = (empowermentcanopytreeinteger + empowermenttreewallinteger)
      • Unit - Add Damage Bonus (multiple levels) to (Triggering unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • empowermenttotalinteger Less than or equal to 100
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus (multiple levels) for (Triggering unit) to (empowermenttotalinteger x (2 + (Level of Empowerment for (Triggering unit))))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus (multiple levels) for (Triggering unit) to 100
      • Wait (10.00 + (2.00 x (Real((Level of Empowerment for (Triggering unit)))))) seconds
      • Unit - Remove Damage Bonus (multiple levels) from (Triggering unit)

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Destructibles aren't units, so your first two variables are receiving a value of 0, meaning in the end you only add the Damage Bonus Ability, but never increase its level. You would need to do something like this instead:
Trigger:
  • Set empowermenttreewallinteger = 0
    • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 700.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set empowermenttreewallinteger = (empowermenttreewallinteger + 1)

Do the same thing for the other integer.

b_ray210

Reaction score
Oh thanks, but wouldn't that be picking all of the destructibles when I am just looking for the trees? I could find anything like "matching condition" under the destructible part before thats why I went for the unit thing instead :(

Ryushi

Reaction score
You can use a condition to check what type the picked destructibles are. You can also remove the need for two of the variables by doing something like this:
Trigger:
  • Set empowermentinteger = 0
    • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 700.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
              • Conditions
                • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Felwood Tree Wall
                • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Felwood Canopy Tree
          • Then - Actions
            • Set empowermentinteger = (empowermentinteger + 1)
          • Else - Actions

b_ray210

Reaction score
Oh sorry one more thing!
Trigger:
  • Empowerment
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Empowerment
    • Actions
      • Set empowermenttotalinteger = 0
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Felwood Tree Wall
                  • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Felwood Canopy Tree
            • Then - Actions
              • Set empowermenttotalinteger = (empowermenttotalinteger + 1)
              • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked destructible)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add dummyempowermentheal stormbolt to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of dummyempowermentheal stormbolt for (Last created unit) to (Level of Empowerment for (Triggering unit))
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
      • Unit - Add Damage Bonus (multiple levels) to (Triggering unit)
        • If - Conditions
          • empowermenttotalinteger Less than or equal to 100
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus (multiple levels) for (Triggering unit) to (empowermenttotalinteger x (2 + (Level of Empowerment for (Triggering unit))))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Damage Bonus (multiple levels) for (Triggering unit) to 100
      • Wait (10.00 + (2.00 x (Real((Level of Empowerment for (Triggering unit)))))) seconds
      • Unit - Remove Damage Bonus (multiple levels) from (Triggering unit)

I added the part where a dummy is created onto each tree and uses storm bolt on my hero (the storm bolt has negative damage so that it will heal him by 20/30/40/50 for each tree) but it doesn't do anything, can you guys see the problem?

Ryushi

Reaction score
The trigger is fine, so you should check the dummy ability and confirm that it is able to target allied units and that you have removed the mana cost.

b_ray210

Reaction score
Hmmm yeah I made it a normal dummy spell with max range, no cd, no manacost, allied targetable and all that stuff. I can't figure it out. Also the first time that I use the spell in the map it freezes for a couple of seconds every time, only the first time I use it though, after the first it doesn't lag at all. I don't know if that is telling of anything.

Ryushi

Reaction score
Well the lag is due to the fact that the game needs to load the dummy unit and its ability. You can get rid of the lag by creating the dummy unit with its ability at Map Initialization, and the removing it immediately. As to the actual problem, you could try troubleshooting to see if you can isolate where exactly the problem is occurring. You could also upload the map and let us take a look at it.

Dirac

Reaction score
or my favorite, instead of a dummy use a footman and find out what's going on with the ability

b_ray210

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys! Ryushi, I don't really mind the one time lag, I was just thinking it might have something to do with the problem (and currently my map is too embarassingly bad to upload hahahah, it's one of those wanna be dotas that im just making for me and a few friends :p). Dirac, I just changed my dummy model file to a peasant and it shows it being created but it just never casts the spell so I'm assuming there is still something wrong with the spell that I cannot figure out :(.

Dirac

Reaction score
don't just change the dummy model, change THE dummy, use a footman instead, that way you can try to manually cast the ability and see with your eyes what's wrong

b_ray210

Reaction score
Okay so! I did the footman thing and tried to manually cast it on myself but it said cannot target allies or something like that even though I set the targets allowed to include allies :(, so then instead of using storm bolt as a dummyspell base I used a spell that normally targets allies (heal!) which worked, but now I am running into the problem that a hero can only be healed by the 'heal' spell once at a time, so only one dummy is healing my hero when I want it to be dependant on the amount of trees nearby.

Ryushi

Reaction score
You could have the dummy heal ability start at 10 hit points and increase by 10 hit points for each level. Then create only one dummy, and set the level of the ability to empowermenttotalinteger x (level of Empowerment + 1).

b_ray210

Reaction score
So I am finally happy with it! Instead of using heal (because I wouldn't be able to get projectile art from each tree like I wanted) I used healing wave and just made it not bounce. Thanks again :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.