(help) Making a separate UI box for spells only!! HOW!!

tobbygnome

Reaction score
I want to know how people like in Ragnarok orpg and defiance orpg make it so that in your RPG character user interface, u have a spell box saying like basic spells, and then u click on it and up comes another box with spells that u can use and then press ESC to go back to normal interface. If you have played defiance ORPG u would know wat i meen. I want to make the same thing happen in my game, but all the maps that have that, i have looked at, and its all confusing JASS shit. Can someone please help me in how to get this for my map, would be very much appreciated :)...

Curuinor

Reaction score
They're called spellbooks. Defiance has a billion, Ragnorok has a billion, etc. There's a spell (aptly called 'spellbook') that contains other spells in the WE, and you can edit that.

tobbygnome

Reaction score
thx u guys, except im still only having one problem with adding spells like in defiance, where u get only 1 spell to start off with then for my map, when u buy the spell from the shop, it automatically ads it to the spellbook, but i made it so u can see all of the spells and when u buy the spell, it does an upgrade, and the spells all need their special upgrade. so i dunno but u but thats how i did it.!!

rayquaza218

Reaction score
You use triggers!!

I don't have WE on right now, but here roughly what it is

Events
Whateva U need
Conditions
Whateva u need
Actions
Add <your ability here> to the unit

Lol i think this is screwed but I think a way to do this is to have multiple levels of spelbook, and set it accordingly.

Omg... what am i saying...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.