Help with a Robo-Goblin based ability

Estel3

Reaction score
Alrighty, I'm curious about using Robo-Goblin to accomplish what I want.

I want my unit to have two skill sets, Skill Set A in Human form and then Skill Set X in Demon form. He can switch back and forth at will and the effect is permanent unless the owner uses the ability again.

I have two problems.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant when morphed the Demon has the same skill LEVELS, not the same skills.

Second problem is the Morphing part. I'm using Medivh as the original and Illidan's Demon Form as the Demon. The "transform" animation shows Medivh turning into a Raven and then when I do the revert back to Human form, the Demon Illidan transforms into normal Illidan. Note this effect only lasts a second but is there a way to change that?

So how do I get my Human to have Skill A, B and C while the Demon has Skill X, Y, Z? I want the ability levels to remain the same as well. Problem is, I want my unit to be able to train new skills in BOTH forms. And I want each individual ability to be leveled separate. Skill A corresponds to Skill X, so if one levels up, the other should and so on for the rest.

If any of you have played Dota Extreme, they had a Keanu Reeves unit that could switch from Heaven to Hell modes at will. The only problem was they stored everything into one ability, which was the only you could learn (besides stat bonus). When you learned that, you were given four others.

Is there even a way to do what I am looking for? Or should I look for an alternate way to accomplish what I'm looking to do?

Sorry that I don't have any idea what way to accomplish this...

Synthetics

Reaction score
Nope you cant change that effect becauses its actually an animation on the model, model with out a morphing anim will no do the cool funky thing of looking like its morphing it will just change unit so to fix that just goto art target on the morph abilty, get the model for undead stuff blowing up then go to attachment point 1 and type origin exactly as i've typed it it not fantastic but look bettter than just changing.

The 4 skills switched was trigger by

Event
unit learns a skill

condtion: ablity learn = to (name of ability)

Action
add ability1 to (Casting unit)
add ability2 to (Casting unit)
add ability3 to (Casting unit)
add ability4 to (Casting unit)

Estel3

Reaction score
Thanks for the model thing, I'll have to figure out what effect I want.

But for the second part, you misunderstand. I know how to add abilities and the like but I want two SETS of abilities. I don't want to learn one ability and get 4 more. Is there a way to do that?

I think in Tides of Blood, the Holy Cow (or whatever, the big Tauren one) had a similar idea of what I'm trying to do. The only difference was it was on a timer.

EDIT: The Sacred Cow couldn't learn his other abilities in Red Bull form.

Should I just try to remove the hero when the ability is activated? Store his XP, level, and abilities and then set the stuff to all that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.