Help with a triggered spell

b_ray210

Reaction score
Hey guys so I made this spell but it really doesnt do anything at all. It is supposed to deal damage (80/150/250/350) in 2 instances over (5.5/5/4.5/4) seconds. Can anyone see the problem. The spell is based off of Channel and is a unit target type of castpoint.

Concussive Cut
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Concussive Cut
Actions
Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack animation, using only Rare animations
Wait ((6.00 - ((Real((Level of Concussive Cut for (Triggering unit)))) / 2.00)) / 2.00) seconds
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right foot of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Weapons\ChimaeraAcidMissile\ChimaeraAcidMissile.mdl
Set concussivecutspecialeffect = (Last created special effect)
Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add dummy concussive cut storm bolt to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of dummy concussive cut storm bolt for (Last created unit) to (Level of Concussive Cut for (Triggering unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Wait ((6.00 - ((Real((Level of Concussive Cut for (Triggering unit)))) / 2.00)) / 2.00) seconds
Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add dummy concussive cut storm bolt to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of dummy concussive cut storm bolt for (Last created unit) to (Level of Concussive Cut for (Triggering unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Special Effect - Destroy concussivecutspecialeffect

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Changing "Triggering unit" to "Casting unit" is my first guess. Also, make sure your dummy either has mana or the dummy spell doesn't require mana; you wouldn't believe how many times that's caused me problems that took an hour to find.

b_ray210

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, it's always the stupid thnigs that are impossible to find but I changed all "triggering unit"s in the trigger to casting unit and I made sure that it has 0 cooldown and 0 manacost but it still doesnt do anything. The special effects arent even created. :(

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@Cheddar

NEVER use Casting Unit... if u see what Casting Unit in jass is (a BJ) which are a simple Triggering Unit...

@b_ray210

use gui tag :p better then text wall

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
When something doesn't work, I usually throw in Game - Display Message around the trigger until I figure out where the actions stop. Works better if you have the string display the name of the caster, just in case that's not being picked up.

Also, there's a 99% chance that this isn't your problem, but is your trigger disabled?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.