How do I host WC3 games with Windows Vista?

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Don't know if this works on Vista but...

1. Open command console. (Open "Run" => Type "cmd")
2. Type
Code:
netsh firewall add allowedprogram "<Path>" "<Name>" ENABLE

Example:
Code:
netsh firewall add allowedprogram "C:\Programmer\Warcraft 3\war3.exe" "Warcraft 3" ENABLE

That will allow war3.exe to go thougth the firewall. You can also try open the port insted.

1. Open command console. (Open "Run" => Type "cmd")
2. Type
Code:
netsh firewall add portopening ALL <Port> "<Name>"

Example:
Code:
netsh firewall add portopening ALL 6110 "Warcraft 3"

But they may have change that in Vista. I don't know.

Hope it helps :)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Lol, my bad - I was in the command thing the whole time b4, but now it worked when I did the second command, adding the port, but, the first command didn't work, so I added it manually:

untitledjm4.jpg

This should work, right?

And thanks for your help btw, +rep :)

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Are you using a router?
If you are, you have to maunually set up a static IP adress, find out the default gateway, and go through hell and back to be able to host.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
To make sure it's a firewall issue and not something else you might want to try disabling it, at least temporary.
Then again I have no idea how to do it (or is it even possible) in Vista. :p

T

twinkilla04

I figured out how to host on my comp

ok here was the problem i had (by the way i have windows vista). On my router home page where i went to enable wc3 to pass through the routers firewall you have a "Private IP address". If you bought a new computer and are using an old router you have to change that "Private IP Adress" to the one automatically assigned to your computer. You can find which IP address was assigned to your computer somewhere on the homepage for your routers settings. I CAN FINALLY HOST AGAIN!!!!

L

lilpandalord

You can host on Vista

1. Go to start menu and type in "cmd" in the Start Search box
2. Type "ipconfig" with no spaces, and press enter
3. Copy your Default Gateway into a Internet Explorer Adress Box
4. Open your modem by typing in your Usernam and Password (Usually admin and admin)
5. Go to either Virtual Server, or Port Fowarding
6. Add a Virtual Server
7.Type in:
Application:WarcraftIII 1
Time Schedule: Always On
Protocol: TCP/tcp
External Port: 6112-6119
Redirect Port:6112-6119
Ip Adress(only if the box is there)

8.Add another Virtual Server
9.type in:
Application:WarcraftIII 2
Time Schedule: Always On
Protocol: UDP/udp
External Port: 6112-6119
Redirect Port:6112-6119
Ip Adress(only if the box is there)

Save the configs for your modem b4 or the settings will change back.

Open up warcraft 3, go to options and gameplay, check if port 6112 if not change it to 6112

NOTE; THIS IS WHAT I DID FOR MY MODEM, YOUR MODEM MAY BE DIFFERENT, SO TO BE SURE GO TO PORTFOWARD.COM AND CHOOSE YOUR ROUTER. CHECK AND FOLLOW HOW TO CONFIG IT. IF YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG IT MAY CHANGE YOUR INTERNET SETTINGS AND YOUR ITNERNET WON'T WORK. :)

B

benjadenseje

ok here was the problem i had (by the way i have windows vista). On my router home page where i went to enable wc3 to pass through the routers firewall you have a "Private IP address". If you bought a new computer and are using an old router you have to change that "Private IP Adress" to the one automatically assigned to your computer. You can find which IP address was assigned to your computer somewhere on the homepage for your routers settings. I CAN FINALLY HOST AGAIN!!!!
hey i got the exacly same problem, i cant connect to my router so i cant host :/ can u help me? just dident understand mush from that u just said

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.