How do you make it so that ressurection only revives units once?

johnnymra

Reaction score
In theory, it isn't possible... but you could probably do it with JASS (if you know how, i don't) or just make a trigger that after one unit casts that spell (starts the effect of an ability , ability equal to ressurection) the ability is removed from the unit and so he won't use it again... Tha's my way of doing something like this.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are not using Unit - Custom Value, you could set that to something after being resurrected and just check that when casted.

B0ndo

Reaction score
Well I love variables, you could make a varible and make a condition checking that variable.. When the unit has been revived set the variable to 1 and then make the condition check if the variable is equal to 0 then ressurect. :)

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
do you mean once the caster uses the spell that they cannot use it anymore or do you mean that the unit(s) that are resurrected by the spell can only be brought back via the spell once?

Crimson

Reaction score
Sorry for not making it clear. I meant that once a unit has been brought back to life, he can no longer be affected by ressurection. So it's only a one time thing for that unit. The caster can still cast resurrection, he just won't be able to revive those he already brought back.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Well I love variables, you could make a varible and make a condition checking that variable.. When the unit has been revived set the variable to 1 and then make the condition check if the variable is equal to 0 then ressurect. :)

B0ndo is right, that might work out just the way you need it Crimson

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
But it doesn't work. The maximum cooldown for a single skill is about 5 minutes, I think. Any more and the cooldown instantly jumps to the point where it only has that limit left.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Alternatively, if you are meaning for this skill to be on certain units, every few seconds, add all the unit types of those units into a group, when they die, remove them, and replace the skill with one that is based on attribute bonus, but has the same tooltip and stuff. OR, Another way, is for level 1 to have a revive time, when the unit dies with it, set it to level 2, etc.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). I tried Shift+Enter for 99999.00 cooldown. It jumped all the way to the 5-minute mark.
2). Why not a Unit Group? Units get revived - Add them to group. If Unit is in Group - No resurrecting for you, buddy.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Couldn't you make a trigger like:
when unit was affected by ressurection > add classification X

And set the spell to not affect that unit classification (example: ancient)

But of course if you use that clasification for something else it will bug...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.