How many heroes should an AoS have?

How many heroes should an AoS have?

• Total voters

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Not really - if the heroes are fun and unique, people will have incentive to use them more than once.

Anyway, Serra did say "That's all you need" - if there is one different hero per player, you don't have to make any more (since each player has their own, individual hero), although that will inevitably get boring, and making any more heroes after that is purely optional (since, frankly, nobody's getting paid to make these maps, except maybe IceFrog :p) and it is your map, so it's your choice as to what you do.

Reaction score
You will need at least one individual hero per player in a full game, so the very minimum should be the total number of players possible. Usually 10.

Charapanga

Reaction score
The more you have them, the more the map will be played, human couriousity drives us to play such games and as humans we will check each and every one before we chose one at which we will train on to be the best we could possibly be...at least that's my theory...

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
The more you have them, the more the map will be played, human couriousity drives us to play such games and as humans we will check each and every one before we chose one at which we will train on to be the best we could possibly be...at least that's my theory...
I disagree with you. In my opinion it's just annoying to have too much heroes to choose from, I don't know which one to choose so I just take some random. If there then is let's say 20 heroes to choose from, and as in many maps you can't repick, you have to play the game up to 20 times before you find a hero that you're satisfied with. Also the more heroes there are the bigger chance of some of them to become too powerful or too weak. Some might just get boring and are completely useless.

Two hero map examples:
Orcs vs Humans (AoS): Of course, this map has a combined custom heroes with blizzard heroes which is just weird... Overall the map is good. The problem with the custom heroes is that they have the same abilities as the original ones but just swapped around of which hero has what and the names changed, the abilities doesn't fit very good so they are just boring to play with...

Moo Moo (Hero defense or whatever it's called.): (Believe me, the map is great it just has a bad name.) It has about 18 custom heroes, when a player selects one that hero disapears so everyone has to get their own hero. About 6 of these 18 heroes are balanced and fun to play with, the rest is just crap and should be tossed in the sea never spoken of again.

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Land of Legends is still my favorite AoS tbh... and it didn't have unice heroes. Just to point that out. Make one hero for the 'good' guys, and make a counterpart for it for the 'bad' guys. Death Knight - Paladin. You know. Anywho, 10 each, at least.

/Anderzzon

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
5 heroes.
Each completely different from each other.
That's all you need.
QFT. Somewhere between 5 and 10 heroes per team is plenty. Maybe a couple of "jacks of all trades" and a couple of more specialized (healer, DPS) for more teamplay.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, you shloud make 10 heroes per team.Try to make the game play with each hero compleattly different.THis will make the map interesting.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
The amount of Heroes should be more than the amount of players. Say, if you have 10 players, you need to have ... 15 - 20 Heroes. With additional versions of your map, you can add new Heroes one by one.

chopperpope

Reaction score
chopperpope, you are starting to get on my nerves..... you always think your ideas are perfect, you always think you are the best (you even thought that you can create AoS better than dota...)

by even watching your threads I see why you got -25 rep.... and stop spamming me you ******

lol!
I've never supposed that I'm the best!
you saying it by yourself
--------------no more comments

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.