How to make first hero cost only food, but future ones cost money/lumber

Estel3

Reaction score
I've been struggling with this for a while. I am working on making another race for the melee game yet I can't figure out how to make a Hero free (only food) for the first purchase and then cost 425 gold and 100 lumber as well as 5 food for the second and third times.

Anyone know how to do this? I just haven't been able to figure it out...

EDIT: I've added every new hero and building to the respective places in the Gameplay Constants too.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Player - Set property.
One of the properties you can set is "free Heroes". Set it to 1 for every player on the map.

The normal melee triggers every map starts with are doing this already though.

Estel3

Reaction score
Wow thank you a ton Acehart, I'm going to add that into my map right now!

EDIT: How does one make it so that the main building of the new race counts towards the victory/defeat conditions trigger in checking for a Town Hall/Necropolis etc? It continues to say "You will be revealed unless you build a Great Hall". Should I make a fake hall and hide it (and kill it if the main hall dies etc.) or is their an easier way? My idea seems far too problematic.

Estel3

Reaction score
Uh oh, I've added them to the Gameplay Constants and they are based off of Town Halls... Is there anything else that determines if they are halls?

(And I just checked once more to ensure they are in the Constants and they are, in the correct order. They all have Town Hall as a classification too, along with mechanical).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.