I havent made a map b4

U

Unregistered

Never made a map B4

OK..... how do i work the triggers, like instructions maybe?
im tryin to make a LoTR map and i needa know how to make heroes right? umm.... how do i do that???
know a good site or map edit thing that makes the tiles square instead of slanted???
o yah and how do i do the triggers :(
i want to be able to make a helms deep map like version haldir
or any of those versions yu know
sorry about being a newb at map making (not my fault )
i have STAREDIT X-TRA 2.5
[][][][][][][][][][[][][][]]

U

Unregistered

Triggers are pretty simple actually, if i can learn them by myself when im 9 years old i think u can figure them out to =/. Just open other maps and see what they did and try and figure out what that trigger does. after u learn some of the basics ull start being able to figure harder trigs out =o

L

legoland

well i've learned the basics kinda, but i dont know how to make the heal beacons or make creatures spawn like in some of the LoTR maps

L

legoland

i have also looked at some of the other maps but i guess im just a slow learner :cool:

T

Terranator3

Using triggers is a developed skill, the more you use them, the better you use them. anyone who knows about them could write a book 5 inches thick about the diffeent techniques on how to make triggers, but if you have specific questions about them Id be happy to help.
As for making square tilesets, I wouldnt know the first thing about that. I like the editor terrain like it is, I do however use the Platinum Aspect Utility to place things, and make triggers normally unavailable in the editor.

C

Coop

For the square terrain you COULD use ISOM, but that is very lousy. I would use StarForge or StarDraft for easy square terrain. Let me get you a link...

http://teamse.x-boxnight.com/editors.htm

Download Starforge v1.2b
I wouldnt use this to to much because it does mess up your maps some times TT, but it has a good square terrain tool.

T

Terranator3

cool, ill give it a looksee. what im really looking for is something to change the font colors. Platinum Aspect doesnt have that utility.

T

Terranator3

to make a heal beacon try this method:

CONDITION
Player# brings at least 1 men to 'location'
ACTION
Move 1 men for Player at 'location' to 'location'
Modify Unit Hit points: Set to #%
Preserve Trigger

Note: By moving the man off the beacon you have cancelled the effect until the next time the man moves onto the beacon.

C

Coop

I have no idea what help your asking for, ive never played LoTr =/. If u give me details ill answer :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.