I met a hacker today!

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Just an FYI, MHing doesn't auto-level your hero.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Keep emailing blizzard, they don't give a shit about battl.net, well they do but not that much, if they cared they would stop the stupid PLAY STARCRAFT2DEMO AT STARCRAFT2Z ad down.

Batman

Reaction score
Hacking in any form gets a ban. I'm not sure if it's temp or perm though.
The ban is more of a "auto" ban using some detecting software. They don't actually watch and observe random games for hackers. So if it's a new and "reserved" mh, then they'll probably get away with it.

But my friend said that he couldn't log onto bnet again, after he was banned for map hacking in a ladder game.

I've seen about 3 hackers in my time. 2 DC hack, and 1 maphack. The mher was blatantly mhing in a 4's game and was proud of it, boasting and stuff.

As for reporting it to blizzard, don't get your hopes up. They pretty much don't give a shit, and the best thing you can hope for is a auto reply.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
If he tries to destroy your expansion before you even finish building it? That's another way to find out he was MHing, because if you look at the replay and the only place he goes to attack is your expansion then he's obviously hacking or a slight change of luck.

It's a good thing you reported the idiot and he regrets hacking in any ladder matches. :thup:

LOL if u think the guy maphacks cuz he goes for you expansion, then ur new to ladder
i ALWAYS look for an expansion before i go for the guys main when im about to rush. its common sense. dont you think he would want some extra gold and the xp from killing the guards guarding the mine....?everybody expands sooner or later :nuts:

and also about the guy u say maphacks, i really doubt it. i have a hard time beleiving that somebody, who you say had more than just maphack, was able to bypass Warden. seriously. if he was able to get it past warden then id give him a cookie. fuck il give him the whole fucken supermarket and let him have all the cookies he wants

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
LOL if u think the guy maphacks cuz he goes for you expansion, then ur new to ladder
i ALWAYS look for an expansion before i go for the guys main when im about to rush. its common sense. dont you think he would want some extra gold and the xp from killing the guards guarding the mine....?everybody expands sooner or later :nuts:

I'm talking about going directly to it w/o looking around all the yellow dots in the minimap. It's more when you start building your expansion and you see 8 flying units flying straight to it and destroying it.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
as i said common sense
would you go to a yellow dot thats the furthest away from the player ur against...? didnt think so
if ur good ul know things like this trust me
and it could have been luck that he went exactly for it when u started building
there is also the possibility of:
wards
shades
mechanical critters
flying scouts in area that u didnt see
etc

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
as i said common sense
would you go to a yellow dot thats the furthest away from the player ur against...? didnt think so
if ur good ul know things like this trust me
and it could have been luck that he went exactly for it when u started building
there is also the possibility of:
wards
shades
mechanical critters
flying scouts in area that u didnt see
etc

I'm talking when you watch the replay not during game play :rolleyes: if he never explored anything and went straight to your expansion base while its being build.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
if i had one of my old replays i wulda showed u where i was facing UD and at one point i realized he might expand i went to the nearest gold mine to him and found his acolyte approaching the area. it was ofc luck that i came at that exact moment but the fact remains i came there cuz i thot he wuld expand. no mh

oh btw i watched the replay and i fataled at the end of it LOL
but i d/k some parts seem like mh others dont
the part where u said enjoi ur footy rush and he said ooh towers would be common sense since u informed him that u knew he was gonna rush, and rush = towers
another part is the beistary, if u got AA bats are the strongest beastary AA
militia also seemed like a missclick honestly

ALTHOUGH the part where his gryphons followd ur bm and the part where he said ur gun harrass me is weird

the part where after ur rush he said ur coming is too comon sense since u thot u killed all his footmen hed be open for an attack

honestly im not sure its hard to tell if he hacked sort of seemed like it but iunno

EDIT:
btw forgot to mention the guy fucken sucked at ladder
1. his base setup was bad
2. his strat was bad
3. his build order was bad
4. his micro was fucken shit
5. he fought u in ur towers w/o getting destroyers
6. he fought u in ur towers (u gotta be so bad to do this that it counts as 2 points)
7. hero choice was bad
8. didnt at least creep 1 camp

even if he didnt hack if i were u id laugh at him for being fucken bad more than i would for getting banned for hacking

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
No suprise at all..

I checked out the replay, and it was more obvious then I thought it would be though, lol.

D

Diablo185

No suprise at all..

I checked out the replay, and it was more obvious then I thought it would be though, lol.

Same here. I thought it would just be little accusations. I read the guys posts, and it seemed plausible. Then when I watched the replay, it became blatantly obvious that the guy was MHing. He knew exactly what was happening. Some parts could be common sense or dumb luck, but I highly doubt it. Knowing where the BM was, no fucking way. impossible without a ward/sentry. Other things are possible, like "You're going to explode rats" yeah, that makes sense aside from the fact he spelled rats instead of bats...When I do play orcs, I explode my bats all the time. It's fun to watch for one, and it's effective

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Theres so many hackers on bnet these days its more probable that someone is hacking then them being "lucky". I'd guess about 40-60% of bnet hacks (Maybe not all the time)

Another reason why wc isn't very fun for me anymore. So many hackers.. I was tie hacked twice when I still played in the space of 15 games. (Who knows how many MHers..)

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Well, I got an autoreply telling me it will be dealt with accordingly. Anyone on the US east server whisper that guy telling him how retarded he is.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I'm afraid Demi666 is right. Most hackers, and normal people in general, don't give a fuck if they get banned. He probably pirated his CD key anyways. Even if he didn't, Blizzard never bans you anyways. They just don't care that much.

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
- He never once scouted or had revealing items. (Why? Because he hacks).
- He followed my blademaster when he was in windwalk. That is simply inexplainable.
- He knew I had a bestiary. (Possible to guess but extremely unlikely)
- He knew I had towers in the beginning of the game.
- His gryphons hovered right over me when I went to scout a second time.
- He knew what beastiary units I was getting (very unlikely - all 4 beastiary units are aa)
- He selected my altar when the fog of war was over my base.
- He knew when I was harassing. (The second time).
- He knew I was countering. (Weak evidence, but w/e).
- He called his peasants to arms when I was still out of sight but as soon as I made my army creep instead of going into his base, he instantly returned the peasants to work. (There is simply no explaining this - misclick is unlikely)

Eh.. did they do that automatically? That's really weird then, 'cause map hack won't tell units to attack / follow invisible units, it just allows you to see them... (At least the MH's I've seen).

And yes. I have tried MH. I wanted to know what it's like :) I also have a friend that's using map hack each time he plays Vampirism, and well, what's the point in playing a game that you know you will win because you're cheating? :nuts:

Good that you reported to blizzard, but as many other users may've said; They won't care. :cool:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You can rightclick-follow invis units with map hack, if they're in any of your units sight range.

Demi666

Reaction score
You can rightclick-follow invis units with map hack, if they're in any of your units sight range.

LOL, You know most ladder safe mh's have is unable to click invis units, except for bendik's awesome mh o,O which does cost money

Reaction score
I'm afraid Demi666 is right. Most hackers, and normal people in general, don't give a fuck if they get banned. He probably pirated his CD key anyways. Even if he didn't, Blizzard never bans you anyways. They just don't care that much.

That is not true. Blizzard DOES ban maphackers, you just never get any feedback on it.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
but they don't ban tiehackers (the disconnect hack. It doesn't give you a lose, but a tie).
Especially in tournaments I heard it's rly insane how many tiehackers there are. But I don't play many ladder maps so I don't know.

There's a petitition running on blizz forum but I can't give you the link because it's somewhere under 157 pages of spam threads. rofl.
157 pages of threads full of spam.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
but they don't ban tiehackers (the disconnect hack. It doesn't give you a lose, but a tie).
Especially in tournaments I heard it's rly insane how many tiehackers there are. But I don't play many ladder maps so I don't know.

There's a petitition running on blizz forum but I can't give you the link because it's somewhere under 157 pages of spam threads. rofl.
157 pages of threads full of spam.

I make it 201 and a half ;)

The petition is on page 203 but also it is riddled with spam :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.