I need help with an AI

Smygarn777

Reaction score
Hello and what should i say, thanks for looking into the thread. I need someone to make me an ai cause i cant make one but i have a map which needs a special ai.

To start things off, we take a look at the map we are gonna use, its a map with a normal ladder playstyle for the human players.

Secondly we take a look at the Computer camp, look at the picture i uploaded to see a computer base in the map.
The base does not have a goldmine since the ai will not be using any resources, it will spawn its units onto the beacon you can see on the picture.
As for its gameplay style, it uses Scouts to wander the map in look for hostilities, in our case the human players. when the scout finds a hostile enemy, it stands still for a few seconds to memorize the spot and then it rushes back to its respective camp to warn of the danger. if a scout detects a human player, that player has 2 choices, in which the first is to slay the scout to make sure the camp will not be aware quite yet of the players presence, although the computer base will send out a search party larger than the lone scout wandering the map, though this party looks for the missing scout. or the player can just let the scout run back to his camp but that will make that camp aware of the player presences and so they start summoning in groups of units to raid the enemy.
(each search party is bigger than the last to make delaying the detection harder and harder, and the search party is sent out shortly after the lone scout is killed).

For more information look to the document file i have uploaded along with the picture.
Thanks for reading and hope you can make this particular ai for me.
I would really apriciate it as the map is already finished, i just need this ai.

Oh, for any questions i'd be glad to take them =)
You can also add me to msn if you like for easier communication.
([email protected])

Attachments

• Realistic Ai Camp.JPG
    Realistic Ai Camp.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Realistic Ai.doc
    2.6 KB · Views: 189

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Partially yes, he has thought up a brilliant yet somewhat complicated idea for a custom Warcraft III Artificial Intelligence and needs help creating it. He wants someone with experience in triggering and AI to take up his idea and help him create this. I personally think this is a great idea but with a couple of flaws that I can see.

Wouldn't human players have some sort of advantage over the computer AI players?

• They wouldn't have to scout and already know the enemy exists.
  • They would be able to counter threats immediately instead of having to notify the base.
  • They can skip things like search parties and just do an all-out attack on the enemy base.

This would be fun to watch two or more computer players go at it with this system, but I believe the human player has an unfair advantage against the AI.

My two cents,
CheesyBeefy

Smygarn777

Reaction score
The AI has an advantage incase you didnt know.
there will be aproximetly 10 computer players against 2 human players, as if that wasnt enough their units are creepbased so certain computer players have units stronger than the human players do.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't realize this was a team-based AI. I was assuming this was more of a 1v1 or 2v2 etc type of game. Also, I think I would like to join this project. I have created a fairly complicated Hero AI in the past and I am always fascinated by artificial intelligence. Have you completed any part of the map yet, or are you just in the idea stage?

Smygarn777

Reaction score
The map is done, completed ya know. all i really need to be done is the ai and thats where my map comes to a halt since i cant produce an ai at all.

If you want to join the project you are most welcome. =)

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Sadly, I do not. I do however have Xfire and AIM.

Xfire: sodnight
AIM: portalinnovation

Smygarn777

Reaction score
Deathknight is working on the ai as far as im informed, you could help out by making up various computer player races (You can pick any units, for example the hardest camp in my map is composed of Sea Giants). Ofc they just have to be written up, not actually put in an example map as long as i know which unit you are referring to.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
is deathknight still working on it? I can't wait for this to be released and why say you need help with AI when deathkinght is working on it already?

Smygarn777

Reaction score
Because before i got news about the ai i thought he never were working on it thats why. :p
and if you are interested in seeing the map i can easily help with that.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Smygarn777,

Please send me the map, I would like to see what has been accomplished at this point and begin working right away. Please send it as an attachment to: [email protected]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.