Ice Texture ;.....;

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim

Something else :D
Is there any trigger for making unwalkable areas type of terrain instead of making regions? and make them unwalkable? that would be very painful :/
ty

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
Something else :D
Is there any trigger for making unwalkable areas type of terrain instead of making regions? and make them unwalkable? that would be very painful :/
ty

What do you exactly mean?
-You can always use pathing blockers?

J

Jim

I tried that with pathing blockers and it doesn't work.
I mean to make a trigger like the slide which says that the Ugroup can only slide : Equal to Northrend ice terrain. So when a Unit goes on the snow terrain it will automatically die.
Haven't you ever played Polar Escape? :p
Thx in advance :thup:

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
Ok...

I updated the slide map and made the slide trigger automatically check if the unit is on Northrend snow and then kill it.

-Test the map. :p

Attachments

• Slide.w3x
    21 KB · Views: 123
J

Jim

1: What is that ''You_Doesn't_Need_This'' u should name it ''You_Don't_Need_This'' smth with bolean.
2: u have no triggers for that i said
3: How the hell i die when i go on the snow??/ xD
4: Make some triggers to understand !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edit: I copy - pasted those triggers to my map but nothing -.-
Edit2: You write ''When player 1 Red skipps a cinematic sequence . . .'' is that the trigger? it doesn't work in my map . . .

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
1: What is that ''You_Doesn't_Need_This'' u should name it ''You_Don't_Need_This'' smth with bolean.
2: u have no triggers for that i said
3: How the hell i die when i go on the snow??/ xD
4: Make some triggers to understand !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edit: I copy - pasted those triggers to my map but nothing -.-
Edit2: You write ''When player 1 Red skipps a cinematic sequence . . .'' is that the trigger? it doesn't work in my map . . .

1. I do NOT need to rename a categori with triggers you don't need... (The name explains everything, lol)

2. YES, look at the Slide trigger, it detects if the unit is on snow and kills it, same answer as number 3...
I mean to make a trigger like the slide which says that the Ugroup can only slide : Equal to Northrend ice terrain. So when a Unit goes on the snow terrain it will automatically die.
-And yes it was what you asked for...

4. You doesn't need to understand the triggers in the "You_Doesn't_Need_This" categori, and for the rest of the triggers are there explanations at them!

J

Jim

Thats very complicated >.< w8 i will figure it out in 30 min
Edit: I did exactly what u did .but doesn't work ?!?!?!?!?! Here's the 2 errors . . .
Code:
//***************************************************************************
//*
//*  Global Variables
//*
//***************************************************************************

globals
    // User-defined
    group                   udg_Ugroup                 = null
    location                udg_LocSU                  = null
    location                udg_MoveLocSU              = null
    location                udg_Sloc                   = null
    boolean                 udg_you_dont_need_this     = false

// Generated
    trigger                 gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001 = null
    trigger                 gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_002 = null
    trigger                 gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_003 = null
    trigger                 gg_trg_slide               = null
    trigger                 gg_trg_steer               = null
    trigger                 gg_trg_fog_of_war          = null
    trigger                 gg_trg_give_gold           = null
    trigger                 gg_trg_unwalkable_area     = null
endglobals

function InitGlobals takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_Ugroup = CreateGroup()
    set udg_you_dont_need_this = false
endfunction

function Trig_slide_Func002Func002Func001C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetTerrainTypeBJ(udg_LocSU) == 'Nice' ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_slide_Func002Func002C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetTerrainTypeBJ(udg_LocSU) == 'Nsnw' ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_slide_Func002A takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_LocSU = GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit())
    if ( Trig_slide_Func002Func002C() ) then
        call KillUnit( GetEnumUnit() )
    else
        if ( Trig_slide_Func002Func002Func001C() ) then
            set udg_MoveLocSU = PolarProjectionBJ(udg_LocSU, 20.00, GetUnitFacing(GetEnumUnit()))
            call SetUnitPositionLoc( GetEnumUnit(), udg_MoveLocSU )
            Call RemoveLocation (udg_MoveLocSU) [COLOR="Red"]// THIS IS THE FIRST ERROR LINE 53[/COLOR]
   else
        endif
    endif
    Call RemoveLocation (udg_LocSU) [COLOR="#ff0000"]//THIS IS THE SECOND ERROR LINE 57[/COLOR]
endfunction

function Trig_slide_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    set udg_Ugroup = GetUnitsInRectAll(GetPlayableMapRect())
    call ForGroupBJ( udg_Ugroup, function Trig_slide_Func002A )
    call DestroyGroup (udg_Ugroup)
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_slide takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_slide = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_slide, 0.03 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_slide, function Trig_slide_Actions )
endfunction

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
You have capital C in call.

They should look like this:

Code:
call RemoveLocation

Yours look like this:
Code:
Call RemoveLocation

JASS is case-sensitive, which results in minor issues like this.

J

Jim

The first time i wrote myself the code of the custom scripts, but exactly as you did.
After a long time that i was trying different things i was opening and closings the editors and the second time i just copied the code from the custom scripts from your map and it worked . . .
Can you explain this ?!?!?! xD
Edit:Lol i didn't see ur post . Jass is nooby system -.- wc3 needs a new one improved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Larcenist

Reaction score
JASS is far from nooby ^^

If you ever decide to learn to use it you'll know what I'm talking about. JASS opens a lot of new doors for anyone willing to put some effort into learning it.

J

Jim

I hate doing threads - or looking -
So can anyone give me a code with triggers for a deafeat?
e.g. -If (all players(picked unit) are dead Equal to = true ) then show defeat icon)
Else-Do nothing
also a win
e.g. -if(a random unit reach at the <smth> ) then show win icon)
something like that?

Edit:I didn't see ur post again >.< tell me one thing : how old are you?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Jim... I hope you know everyone is starting to get annoyed of you. I won't say what I want to say.

Just because you can't do it because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's nooby. It could mean that you are nooby. Just a thought.

If programming and stuff like JASS was so easy, so many people would have no jobs. The people that gave you codes are how it should be.

This was a little off-topic but I had to say it.

Larcenist

Reaction score
@Jim: I'm 17, if that makes any difference.

@thewrongvine: A little off-topic? ^^

I guess this was somewhat off-topic too.

J

Jim

Jim... I hope you know everyone is starting to get annoyed of you. I won't say what I want to say.

Just because you can't do it because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's nooby. It could mean that you are nooby. Just a thought.

If programming and stuff like JASS was so easy, so many people would have no jobs. The people that gave you codes are how it should be.

This was a little off-topic but I had to say it.
HEY WHAT DO U WANT TO SAY. look u mean that i ask others to give me those fucking codes and i LAUGH AT THEM? i search alone i do the fucking whole thing for ME i searched for defeat and winning things but i just want to ensure .I also try to help others / search some new threads.
Get out of my life and plz never post smth which is for ME.
Stop contradict yourself.and yes i am noob i only know those things from jass and i dont have a job with those systems . .. i am pupil as the most of us in this site . i am not going to get a job with these things i just want to LEARN IT . if u want or have a job like this good for YOU
ANYWAY IF U WANT DONT GIVE ME THOSE CODES PEOPLE I CAN DO THOSE ALONE (except the code for sliding and steering)
and jass may open many doors and its hard as u say , but the little little little little little little little thing that u forgot is that i DONT FUCKING CARE i only want to make a map . . and i think that i will stop to make.I will play maps from others who know the BIG and IMPORTANT JASS LANGUAGE OR WHATEVER IS THIS
and everyone gets starting anoy from me because of YOU

Edit:Look what you made me to say . . . . . . omg

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
HEY WHAT DO U WANT TO SAY. look u mean that i ask others to give me those fucking codes and i LAUGH AT THEM? i search alone i do the fucking whole think for ME i searched for defeat and winning things but i just want to ensure .I also try to help others / search some new threads.
Get out of my life and plz never post smth which is for ME.
Stop contradict yourself.and yes i am noob i only know those things from jass and i dont have a job with those systems . .. i am pupil as the most of us in this site . i am not going to get a job with these things i just want to LEARN IT . if u want or have a job like this good for YOU
ANYWAY IF U WANT DONT GIVE ME THOSE CODES PEOPLE I CAN DO THOSE ALONE (except the code for sliding and steering)
and jass may open many doors and its hard as u say , but the little little little little little little little thing that u forgot is that i DONT FUCKING CARE i only want to make a map . . and i thing that i will stop to make.I will play maps from others who know the BIG and IMPORTANT JASS LANGUAGE OR WHATEVER IS THIS
and everyone gets starting anoy from me because of YOU

Edit:Look what you made me to say . . . . . . omg
In order:
That doesn't make sense.
He didn't contradict himself.
You don't seem to know any JASS.
That's not what thewrongvine was trying to say.
It isn't because of him; it's because of how you react.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I said "just a thought". Didn't mean to offend you.

What I meant to say was that, you're insulting JASS and all that use it just beause you are still learning. And I don't have a job like that; I probably don't know JASS more than you do, but I respect it because I have seen it do wonders. This is getting off-topic (rofl, "a little), so...

J

Jim

Hey are u friends? u got the same icon i think :cool:
If he didn't mean that then what did he mean?
say it clear. Ur friend thinks that he is smart? with those things he writes?
tell me i am waitting .. . . . . . .
Edit:didnt see ur post >.<
i will sucide omg . i insulted JASS? omg is he okay? i dont think i heart him . . .
are u SERIOUS ?

Edit2:w8 u got 2 accounts? xD u are sick . . .

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Hey are u friends? u got the same icon i think
Yes, we are.
Ur friend thinks that he is smart? with those things he writes?
Yes, I do think that I'm smart (and with good reason).
i will sucide omg . i insulted JASS? omg is he okay? i dont think i heart him . . .
are u SERIOUS ?
You aren't making sense again.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
They are different icons. Look closely (preferably at the K and T). :D

What are you trying to say? Does your ice/slide work? If it does, that's good and this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.