Icon Placement in a Spellbook

OogaBooga

Reaction score
I have a spell book setup, but the icons for all of the abilities in the spell book aren't in the positions that i have assigned in the "Art - Button Position - Normal" fields. They just fill up the slots from left to right and top down, in an order that I can't find any pattern in. The icons on the normal interface are placed exactly where I want them, so I'm baffled. Anyone know if this can be fixed?

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
The possition starts from <- Left to right -> at the top (Depending on what order you added the spells in the spell book).

So if you add:
Sprint
Harvest
Kill

It will be;
Code:
|¨¨¨¨¨¨¨| |¨¨¨¨¨¨¨| |¨¨¨¨¨¨¨|
| Sprint| |Harvest| |  Kill |
|_______| |_______| |_______|

Hope I helped ;)

OogaBooga

Reaction score
Well that's what I thought at first, but it doesn't follow that exactly. There are icons that are showing up out of order even from the spell book list. Additionally, I would prefer if I could place abilities in different rows based upon their function, even if the above rows are filled. Is this not possible?

One thought I had was that I could use dummy spells and just disable them upon initialization, leaving that Icon position empty. The only problem is that I want to disable real spells as well, and then enable them when a hero learns a dummy skill, and thereby "unlocks" them. Will enabled abilities just fill in the nearest empty position, even if that position was formerly occupied by a dummy ability that was disabled?

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
I've seen alot of professional maps, and I've been dealing with spellbooks myself for the map I'm currently finishing (98%) and I don't recall having any issues with it, it worked like I explained.

You can't place them at the row / coloum you want to, not to my knowledge anyway. All maps, even the really profesionally made maps, I see, the abilities are just placed one after another.

Sorry there ain't more I can tell you,
-Lindenkron

OogaBooga

Reaction score
It's kool man, thanks for the help. I figured out an alternate way to setup my spell book using custom upgrades rather than activating and disabling spells, so I can setup the order however I want (I just got my current one to display in the order that the abilities appear in the spell list by changing the order and then changing it back. Dunno why that helped but w/e), and then using Upgrade triggers to activate only the one's that I want to be usable.

Man that solves a lot of problems, so thanks for inspiring me, albeit unintentionally, to look into that method. Good luck finishing your map!

risen_jihad

Reaction score
heh, a few weeks behind, but you can add an ability based upon channel, and set its visibility to false to create a "blank" spot.

Granted, this means that the location is locked, but it allows you to structure an spellbook that will remain static to appear as you like.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.