Idle worker icon

Wratox1

Reaction score
Im aware of that this question already have been asked, but i did some searching with no results, how do i change the idle worker icon for each individual race?

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Being as you said
this question already have been asked
so you probably know where it is in the gameplay interface, and because it only list's the peon, i assume that it directs that icon from the peon equivilant. There is only one unit with "worker" in a race :/ try and modify the icon if each worker unit and see if that works.

Hope it does, ~atk. Post back here if it doesnt

Ashlebede

Reaction score
I don't think editing a worker's icon will do, since there can be more than one worker-classified unit per race. You can change any unit's classification so it counts as a worker. So that just won't work.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
I don't think you can. As far as I know the idle worker icon just shows the worker icon of whatever race you are.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
yes gameplay interface.
there is one data field where you can set the icon.

though by default it only lists peon. the trick to set it for each race individually is to add 4 icons to that list.
each one of the 4 icons will be shown for an other race. in some order i cannot remember anymore, but i guess the first one was for human.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
yes gameplay interface.

though by default it only lists peon. the trick to set it for each race individually is to add 4 icons to that list.
each one of the 4 icons will be shown for an other race. in some order i cannot remember anymore, but i guess the first one was for human.

human, orc, undead, nightelf

Wratox1

Reaction score
yes gameplay interface.

And could you care to explain a little more on how to add icons to that list?
because i dont have a clue...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
first of all i would advice you to search for the icons you want. you need their path. for the peon icon for example the path is:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPeon.blp
you will need this for all 4 icons.

then you open some textfile, whatever you like.
inside you write all the paths of the 4 icons of your desire into a single line, separated by a comma. it should look like this:
"<iconHuman>,<iconOrc>,<iconUndead>,<iconNightelf>"

then go to
Advanced -> Game Interface -> Symbol - idle worker icon
hold down the [SHIFT] key and left-click it. this way you wont get a drop down box but a textbox.
copy the line with the different icon paths into the textbox and click ok.

you are done.

heres an example:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFootman.blp,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNKnight.blp,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRifleman.blp,ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMortarTeam.blp
if you copy this line into the textbox the human worker will have a footman icon, the orc one the icon of a knight, the undeads will have riflemans and the nightelven workers will have the mortar team icon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.