Is there a place where I can buy RoC cd key in Taiwan?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Since Blizzard is an American game developer, I don't know if there's a place where I can buy CD Keys directly.

And due to unknown reasons, possibly me being cheated on, my RoC key is disabled. TFT isn't. I don't know how long will it be un-disabled.

So, I'm on a lookout for a place to buy a new RoC cd key.

Should I just mail in my booklet to Blizzard, and a 325 NTD to them to obtain a new CD Key? (Currency is a minor problem.) Or wait until it's no longer disabled? Or just buy a new RoC disc?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
You can try emailing Blizzard Technical help, otherwise your best chance is probably to buy a new cd :(

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
You can try emailing Blizzard Technical help, otherwise your best chance is probably to buy a new cd :(

Emailing? I heard they would ignore emails talking about cd keys.

http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000090 ?

That's probably the US version. If there is a Taiwan version and you want that, I dunno. Not sure if you need a North American credit card or not for their site.

Actually, I'm finding a Traditional Chinese version. I don't have any North American credit card, nor USD currencies, so I think that's a bummer.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Update.

It's something about my CD key:

They are disabled in the US and Europe, but they are not in Asia. I wondered why...Can someone tell me what should I do?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
i think you can just buy a cd-key from blizzard directly, no cd or anything (download wc3 from blizzard if you need to, they let you if you provide a cd key)

here for us

it says that they will give you another cd key if you send the box, if not they will charge you $10

and here for the international, i think there should be a similar offer

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
A box? I threw that out a long time ago...

And Blizzard do have Taiwan. It's Unalis Corp., a gaming retailer. And I don't think I can find Blizzard games in there...It's full of online games.

---------------------------------------

A question: If Asia isn't disabled, does that mean I still have 1 chance before this CD key of mine will be permanently disabled?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have Paypal, and I don't have any bank account. I don't have anything that has to do with online payment...

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
well you can go to a bank (i dont think you need to be affiliated with them), buy like a "gift card" that's a visa or mastercard or w/e, and then go do it via paypal (i think, i know ive done it in the U.S., im not sure if the banks would sell something like that in Taiwan, but you can try)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it won't work that way...

Wikipedia said:
In China PayPal offers two kinds of accounts:

* PayPal.com accounts, for sending and receiving money to/from other PayPal.com accounts. All non-Chinese accounts are PayPal.com accounts, so these accounts may be used to send money internationally.
* PayPal.cn accounts, for sending and receiving money to and from other PayPal.cn accounts.

It is impossible to send money between PayPal.cn accounts and PayPal.com accounts, so PayPal.cn accounts are effectively unable to make international payments. For PayPal.cn, the only supported currency is the renminbi.

And check this out: https://www.paypal.com/tw/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-withdrawal-fees-outside and find "Taiwan". Just look at that withdraw fee. I have very few allowances, and I only want to save, not pay for a withdraw...Each month I receive just about $500 NTD, and that requires 10 times more than I usually get per month for me to withdraw for free...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.