World Israeli Tanks Enter Gaza

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Or they can do what they plan to and just go kill Hamas and then they can have their people move back in there without getting blown up?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Or they can do what they plan to and just go kill Hamas and then they can have their people move back in there without getting blown up?
Because destroying Hamas would TOTALLY fix the problem of radicalization.

Lol.

Varine

Reaction score
Because destroying Hamas would TOTALLY fix the problem of radicalization.

Lol.

Uhh... it would fix the current one.

For instance, lets say I meet some asshole. There are other assholes in the world, of course, but right now I'm having to deal with this one. I shoot this asshole I'm dealing with and he dies. That asshole is gone, but yes, there are still others for me to deal with... when the time comes.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Uhh... it would fix the current one.

For instance, lets say I meet some asshole. There are other assholes in the world, of course, but right now I'm having to deal with this one. I shoot this asshole I'm dealing with and he dies. That asshole is gone, but yes, there are still others for me to deal with... when the time comes.

You can't make people think nice things about yourself when you're beating them up.

Varine

Reaction score
You can't make people think nice things about yourself when you're beating them up.

Not the point. When I'm done he's not going to fuck with me anymore because he'll be dead.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Not the point. When I'm done he's not going to fuck with me anymore because he'll be dead.
Only to be followed up by said people who you just admitted would be made to not think nice things about you. You can crush Hamas. You can kill every single member of the organization. You still do not have a long term solution to the radical problem.

Why do you think this is such a big deal? If the permanent fix to the Gaza problem was as simple as 'KILL HAMAS,' they wouldn't have waited till now to hit Gaza.

Varine

Reaction score
Gaza hasn't been that big of a problem until recently.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Gaza hasn't been that big of a problem until recently.
It's been a festering issue for over 20 years.

The only reason it's a problem now is that the authority there actually has weapons that can be used to kinda/sorta attack Israelis. The very lack of power of the authorities of Gaza speaks volumes about how bad the situation is and how much more care the West and Israel should have taken.

For that matter, if they had exercised any care at all, Israel wouldn't even exist, but that's a discussion for another time.

Varine

Reaction score
The only reason it's a problem now is that the authority there actually has weapons that can be used to kinda/sorta attack Israelis.

Which is what makes it a problem now, whereas before it wasn't.

Israel is in place because the western world wants it there. And it has nothing to even really do with Gaza so much as Hamas, I don't know why I put Gaza. I guess that's where Hamas took; there's no problem with Fatah, who have the West Bank.

Hamas is a terrorist organization; just like any other terrorists, no one cares until they get attacked. That's the issue, it's got nothing to do with Gaza really, other than that's the region that Hamas is in control of.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
This is probably the most depressing post in this forum.

I'm guessing that is their way of shifting the blame of civilian casualties :rolleyes:

Also, Gaza ftw.

http://www.global-report.co.il/eb/?l=he&a=343637
Scroll down a bit until you see the video. Press play.
What do you think now?

I hope DJ hasn't left us!

I will never leave you KC. :p
This been crazy lately, but not because of the operation.

Palestinians want their own country. They want the Gaza Strip, which was taken over by Hamas a little while back. Hamas is a radical Palestinian group who hates Israel. For a while Hamas was fighting Fatah, Fatah lost big time even with the support of the US and Israel. Now Israel wants their land back and don't want to share with the Palestinians so they are invading to take it back, rather than give them Gaza and the West Bank and make it all go away.

Probably the smartest post in this thread, yet is wrong. MOST of the Palestinians want their own country. However, organizations like the Hamas want more. They want to destroy Israel, and they publicly say so. They are considered to be a terrorist group (Like Al-Qaeda) and over the years killed hundreds of Israelis. Israel doesn't want the Gaza Strip back. At 2005 Israel willingly gave full control of the Gaza Strip to the Palestinian National Authority by evacuating all military bases and settlements. Hamas forcefully took over the Gaza Strip. Since then Hamas has been attack settlements in Israel by launching missiles. Israel is invading Gaza to weaken Hamas and STOP the missiles that during the years kills and injured many Israeli INNOCENT citizens.

Too bad invading Gaza won't stop the missiles. :rolleyes:

At the very least it will decrease the number from dozens a day. Though, as things are going Hamas will have no other option but to stop the missiles.

You know, the sad thing was after Arafat died and Hamas was leaderless and fractured the Palestinians were having an improved way of life. Then the return of Hamas and once again they have to suffer.

Hamas likes the power of both attacking Israel and forcing the people in Gaza/West Bank to suffer bombardments. Also, what is Israel supposed to do, at this time they look at those regions almost as not their land, to them this is an attack by a neighboring country.

The real tell in this will be if Israel actually stays to occupy, or leaves once they crush Hamas.

I stand corrected. This is the smartest post in this thread. However please note that Israel has no intention to stay in Gaza nor crush the Hamas. The main goal of the operation as Israel puts it is to stop the attack on the settlements by the Gaza Strip/

Pfft, if we blame Hamas for the entire problem, we get nowhere. That line of thinking prompts going in, destroying them, and doing nothing about the prosperity issues which caused the radicalization in the first place. Stripping Gaza of it's ability to function only increases the resolve of people to stop caring about their lives and radicalize. If Israel REALLY cares, they should pump funding into Gazan businesses so that the region can function on its own. Radicalization practically always follows a total lack of prosperity, and prosperity practically always cuts radicalization. The first thing that should have been done when the West Irelanded all over Palestinian lands is get the industry going. If people are going to be crammed into an area that can't sustain itself through standard means, they need business. If they can't get that going in the first place, and you put them in that position, you aren't in a position to complain when they violently radicalize and shoot rockets at you.

If Israel just leaves after finishing off Hamas, the prosperity issue will still be there, and Hamas 2.0 will most likely spring up some way or another.

You obviously seem to have lack of understanding. A) Israel doesn't want to destroy Hamas. And even if it did want to do it, the losses would be too great to sustain. B) Israel is trying to help the citizens, by sending food, water and oil even when we fight them. However the Hamas is taking most of the resources sent to itself, and gives its citizens the left-overs. C) http://www.global-report.co.il/eb/?l=he&a=343637 see the pictures. They raise their children to fight Israel. Something at the very core of their culture needs to change, less than that will do nothing but harm.

See Lebanon.

Probably one of Israel's greatest failures. This is why it will not let what happened there to happen in Gaza.

It's been a festering issue for over 20 years.

The only reason it's a problem now is that the authority there actually has weapons that can be used to kinda/sorta attack Israelis. The very lack of power of the authorities of Gaza speaks volumes about how bad the situation is and how much more care the West and Israel should have taken.

For that matter, if they had exercised any care at all, Israel wouldn't even exist, but that's a discussion for another time.

Kinda/Sorta attack Israel? Israel let the Hamas grow so strong now 250,000 Israeli citizens are in its missiles range. It can launch dozens of missiles a day without running out. It can smuggle weapons through the sea, and through Egypt while not much can be done due to the diplomatic/political state of Israel.

As for the last paragraph... That is a discussion for another time.

The rest of the posts are just... Well, show lack of misunderstanding the I hope I explained. Israel WILL NOT take over the Gaza Strip. It DOES NOT plan to destroy the Hamas. And it IS doing whatever it can't to help the Palestinian citizens.

Varine

Reaction score
MOST of the Palestinians want their own country.

Yes, I generalized it for the sake of simplicity.

Israel doesn't want the Gaza Strip back. At 2005 Israel willingly gave full control of the Gaza Strip to the Palestinian National Authority by evacuating all military bases and settlements.

Yeah, I phrased that poorly.

Israel doesn't want to destroy Hamas. And even if it did want to do it, the losses would be too great to sustain.

I think they want to take out the leaders of the group so the faction dies out, which they've probably wanted to do for a while.

Israel WILL NOT take over the Gaza Strip. It DOES NOT plan to destroy the Hamas. And it IS doing whatever it can't to help the Palestinian citizens.

Detterence and increased security on the Egyptian border....

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Dr.Jack, I'm not saying that Israel has planned to destroy Hamas and leave. I was responding to Varine's posts saying that that's what they are and should be doing.

I will agree that in a short term sense, bringing Hamas to it's knees to cease the rocket attacks is a good idea. I beleive however that more will have to be done to permanently improve the situation.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Another Israeli-Palestinian conflict... This one started by Hamas shooting longer ranged missiles into Israel. Israel hates Hamas, and has made many attempts to get rid of them. There's been your more conventional way of airstrikes, and your less conventional way of closing all their borders so they starve out. This time I think Israel is going in for the kill. I wasn't convinced this was anything abnormal till ground troops started sweeping through.

If this is their attempt to rid of Hamas, its not going to work well unless they are willing to occupy. Israel can easily occupy Gaza, no problem. However coming into an area, where the original government has support and with a supply of religious zealots, you get a insurgency.

Just airstriking them doesn't help. Look at the Israel-Lebanon war. Hezbollah had more support after it then it did before. Maybe if Israel occupies for a long time something might happen, but hell, they've been fighting for almost 2000 years, I think they can handle some more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.