"Killing Units" of a unit with Reincarnation

Mikazuki

Reaction score
Is there a function/action/condition/whatever to detect a unit that 'kills' another unit with Reincarnation?

Mikazuki

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but not what I'm looking for.

What I meant was how do you detect the killing unit, where the unit being killed has Reincarnation and doesnt actually die, but rather sets off Reincarnation.

I think I tried the event "A unit dies" before, I dont think it counts when the unit uses Reincarnation instead of actually dying. Can anyone clarify?

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Can you give the unit a dummy ability and check for that instead when he dies?

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Please explain further more, are you sure that the JASS script neither fit your needs?

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
I have the solution for you :)

Code:
Events
-Unit - "your unit" takes damage (add this event using Trigger - Add new event from a different trigger).
Conditions
-Level of Reincarnation for Triggering unit greater than 0
-((Life of Triggering Unit) - (Damage Taken)) less than or equal to 0.00
Actions
-Do whatever you want to do here

You might need additional variables/triggers to check if reincarnation is on cooldown.

Mikazuki

Reaction score
If you mean the script at
http://www.wc3jass.com/viewtopic.php?t=2022, I dont actually know entirely what it does.
So far, I think what it does is detect units that Reincarnate, but what I actually want is something to detect the unit that 'killed' the unit with Reincarnation and set of that unit's (the one that's dying) Reincarnation. The script seems to check for the 'dying' unit, where I want to check for the 'killing' unit.

Sorry if this makes little sense.

Edit: That's interesting, Genyuumaru. I tried a similar trigger before, I guess I'll try yours now.

Edit 2: It works, thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.