"Level Data Missing or Invalid"

A

Alaris

"Level Data Missing or Invalid"

WEBUG.bmp

This is what happened to my map when i recently tried to open it. I use the normal world editor, i recently fixed a bug causing my editor to close whenever i saved, and now i can't open it at all.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Your level data is the description, number of players, all that junk thatr isn't object or trigger data, so consider your map lost. If you didn't back up your map or if it wasn't the last thing you tested, your screwed and you have to start over. Try going to "Warcraft III\Maps\Test' and opent he "WorldEdittestmap".

K

Kalaris

XXconanXXX said:
Same thing happened to me. Your level data is the description, number of players, all that junk thatr isn't object or trigger data, so consider your map lost. If you didn't back up your map or if it wasn't the last thing you tested, your screwed and you have to start over. Try going to "Warcraft III\Maps\Test' and opent he "WorldEdittestmap".

Your joking me right? I lost my map? OMFG!!!! I worked so hard on this map. There has to be a way to regenerate the map, or fix it, or something. What caused this anyway?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Some unknown bug. Just from now on back your maps up often. Everything that isn't trigger scrpt or object data is lost, and that measn you have n terrain, description, ALL that junk. So there is no way to salvage it. Was it the last thing you used the "Test map" function on? If it was, go to the test part of your maps section and open "WorldEdittestmap".

A

Alaris

XXconanXXX said:
Some unknown bug. Just from now on back your maps up often. Everything that isn't trigger scrpt or object data is lost, and that measn you have n terrain, description, ALL that junk. So there is no way to salvage it. Was it the last thing you used the "Test map" function on? If it was, go to the test part of your maps section and open "WorldEdittestmap".

Are you sure? There has to be a way to salvage the map, or some part of it, i worked for hours on the triggers and abiltiies and everything, its driving me insane!

(It wasn't the last map i tested).

Well, the bug occured after i saved last time, which was after my most recent test with my friends. So would they have an un-bugged version i could snag?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Try opening the map up with WinMPQ and extracting the trigger and Object data, then import it into a new map. That MIGHT work. You can get WinMPQ from www.wc3sear.ch under the tools section.

A

Alaris

XXconanXXX said:
Try opening the map up with WinMPQ and extracting the trigger and Object data, then import it into a new map. That MIGHT work. You can get WinMPQ from www.wc3sear.ch under the tools section.

Well, this was very helpful, as pretty much all of the terrain was just recently deleted, as i was redoing it. Thanks for the help man, you've been a good team player :)

M

meh

I don't see how that explanation holds as 3/4 of the working custom maps I play that I try to open with the editor say missing or invalid data. Their is nothing wrong with them at all when you play them yet the editor refuses to open them at all so they may be fixed or balanced more appropriately.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Have you ever tried playing a map with the level data missing? I've tryed it, description, loading screen, minimap, is all lost and Warcraft III crashes when trying to load. Also, if your still working on it, then the problem dissapears if your able to play it but not edit it?

Plus, the thread is dead, it's 3 months old.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
meh said:
I don't see how that explanation holds as 3/4 of the working custom maps I play that I try to open with the editor say missing or invalid data. Their is nothing wrong with them at all when you play them yet the editor refuses to open them at all so they may be fixed or balanced more appropriately.

Because they are PROTECTED by a map protector, and you cannot open them.

Cres

Reaction score
Lol, are you like looking in the trash? anyway, that was funny when i clicked the link and all my internet explorers closed lol and it said i had to pass around more rep before i could give more to xxconanxxx lol just my story, i think i clicked to much near the x button and hit conan's rep lol
Y is everyone obessed with map unprotecting!!!! its not worth it, they usually protect with a errr "level 50" (im talking starcraft, i dont know any war3 protection terminology) and it kills the map if you open it

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
In the case of the first poster, the map got corrupted , it might happen with failures on the computer while saving.

Only solution is making backups of your files frequently. That's a rule for everything that involves a PC , specially on windows

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.