Lifestealing instant single-target damage spell with stun effect?

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Lifestealing instant single-target damage spell with stun effect?
Does that exist? Or perhaps:
Any lifestealing single-target damage spell and add the stun myself?
Tried with Storm Bolt but couldn't figure out how to add the lifestealing effect.
Also, I started using Death Coild but quickly realized that it does only steal life in World of Warcraft where it applies an undispellable Fear effect the the target :)
(The most imba spell in WoW, btw)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
theres is no such ability on its own, you have to trigger the lifesteal if ur using stormbolt. just add
Code:
Set Life of Triggering Unit to (Current Life of Triggering Unit + <the amount of life granted to the caster>)

the effect will take place immediately once the ability has been cast, so its inaccurate but there is few other things that can be done about that :S

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Ohh it would be wonderful if you could list them up^^. I have a trigger right now that occurs when a unit uses a item. But the item itself uses a projectile (like using storm bolt) which hits the target. And it would be great if I would know how I can let the trigger occur the moment the projectile hits. Using waits is bad since the range of the item spell can vary.

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
Ohh it would be wonderful if you could list them up^^. I have a trigger right now that occurs when a unit uses a item. But the item itself uses a projectile (like using storm bolt) which hits the target. And it would be great if I would know how I can let the trigger occur the moment the projectile hits. Using waits is bad since the range of the item spell can vary.

The moment the projectile hits is the moment the unit takes damage.So you can have a trigger when a unit takes damage.Of course you'll have to have a variable to store if a spell is cast,when the spell is cast -> set Cast = True,when the unit takes damage -> set Cast = false.Something like this

Code:
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Ability being cast = WOOOW 0_o life steal
Set Cast = true

[I]and[/I]

A unit takes damage [I]<- there's no event like this,you'll have to add "Specific unit takes damage" for every unit in your map manually[/I]
If Cast = true
Set Cast = false
Stun or Steal something from DA UNIT(taking damage)

of course you'll have to edit it so it fits the map,currently if ANY unit takes damage while the spell is cast,it will have life stolen from it

OR

You can wait (Distance between the 2 units / Projectile speed)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
for the trigger you posted, that'd be fairly inefficient since if a unit was hit by a physical attack/different spell, the events would trigger since cast was true while the stormbolt was in flight. you should change the condition to "triggering unit has buff" and make a custom buff based on the default stormbolt buff (and add a very short stun duration, maybe 0.1 seconds). when the unit takes damage and has the buff, make a dummy unit cast stormbolt to make the stun last longer (stun duration for dummy stormbolt must be the intended stun duration of the ability with ZERO damage and default stormbolt buff)

The Undaddy

Creating with the power of rage
Reaction score
for the trigger you posted, that'd be fairly inefficient since if a unit was hit by a physical attack/different spell, the events would trigger since cast was true while the stormbolt was in flight. you should change the condition to "triggering unit has buff" and make a custom buff based on the default stormbolt buff (and add a very short stun duration, maybe 0.1 seconds). when the unit takes damage and has the buff, make a dummy unit cast stormbolt to make the stun last longer (stun duration for dummy stormbolt must be the intended stun duration of the ability with ZERO damage and default stormbolt buff)

Well,that's why conditions were created.He'll have to check if the damage source is the caster,if the unit taking damage is the target,stuff like that,it's a quick trigger,to give him a push in the right direction ;)

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Ehm, isn't there a single-target instant spell with lifestealing at all?

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Not sure if I have understood the problem on this one perfectly, but to make such a spell i'd do it pretty simple:

Event
Unit finishes casting an ability

Condition
Ability being cast equal to Stormbolt

Action
<There has to be one of these lines for each level of the spell available>
If
Level of Stormbolt for casting unit equals 1
Then
Set life of casting unit to life of casting unit + 100 <or whatever the
stormbolt damages>
Else
Do nothing
<This is the If-Then-Else for level 1 stormbolt, then rest can be copy-pasted and life value can be increased>

Hope this was what u were looking for. Pretty simple, and flashy spell animations can always be added afterwards :)

- Balt

EDIT: To answer ur question, no there is no such spell as u seek. U'll have to use either e.g. Stormbolt (No steal, instant, stun) or Lifedrain (Steal, channeling, no stun). So to make one, u need trigger work.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
The arithmatic works fine, if the damage is evenly increasing between levels. In ur code, isn't it supposed to be 100 x Level of Spell?

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Well I've already figured all of that out, but if I change the system of damage increment I need to change the trigger too...
And a million to one on me forgetting it!
Anyway, thank you. I'll just pray I remember to check my triggers if I change a spell xD

OVRKLL

Reaction score
just use arithmetic insted of multiplie if/then/else

so
Code:
100 + (Integer(Level of Stormbolt for Triggering Unit)) <this is a real to integer conversion>

Code:
Unit - Set life of (Casting unit) to ((Life of (Casting unit)) + ((Real((Level of Bite  for (Casting unit)))) x 100.00))

There we go :)

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Damn!

I have a problem. One of my heroes has to abilities using Storm Bolt. For some reason, no matter what ability's icon I press, my bloody hero uses the second one, Bite, and never the first one, Infect! Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
To be honest all I know that it'll surely malfunction when you have 2 spells on the same basic spell. But perhaps you could try to make on of your spells on the basic of fire bolt or however this is called. It does the same but it might not count as storm bold basic.

Edit:
wait doesnt allow for MUI but it isnt too difficult to get a -REASONABLY- accurate wait (not fully accurate). just get the distance between caster and target, and wait (distance/missile speed) seconds. if the target moves, the effect will occur too early/late
Thanks Flare that helped me a lot :) . My targets for this one spell are buildings and therefore won't move^^. And I got a almost accurate wait time with distance/speed ... I added -0.1sec and it works perfect :D. And since I used JASS and locals it should be MUI or not?
whatever +Rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.