Looking for someone with JASS knowledge for a One Piece AOS

L

Leos

One Piece: Legacy of Gol D - Looking for assistance

Hi, I have started a One Piece AOS recently, after seeing the sheer lack of good WC3 maps based on One Piece (i.e. none). I hope for it to have a Naruto Wars feel to it, but maybe a touch less competitive.

The terrain is pretty much finished, and while the edges are a bit rough, it is certainly good enough for a alpha/beta stage in my opinion. However, to achieve some of the more unique features I wish to have within this AOS, It seems that I will need someone with a fair experience in editing/creating JASS triggers.

It would help if that person has watched One Pieced subbed (on the otherhand, having watched the abomination that they call the english dub may work against you :) ) but it's not required, and if the person contributes a fair amount to the map, I am fine with calling them a co-creater (though this may incur some form of repsponsibility like advertising the map).

To sum up, I need someone who can create these triggers for me and that person will be given full credit for that, but whether not they wish to get involved and contribute to more aspects of the map is open to choice.

NB: While at this early stage, I'm not worrying about custom models/skins too much, if someone would be willing to create models/skins (not too fussed about quality, as long as they are somewhat recognisable :p), that would be superb.

EDIT: Forgot to add, please pm me for more details or if you are interested.

WindexGlow

Reaction score
learn it yourself. Seriously, it should take about 1 week with learning it for 3 hours each day to make trigggers that you would need.

and to any citizens that are armed; it gets annoying to hear people bitch when I insult them. I mean seriously, why would anyone get mad at me if I insult them. Me insulting them is like a compliment, they're that bad.

L

Leos

learn it yourself. Seriously, it should take about 1 week with learning it for 3 hours each day to make trigggers that you would need.

1. Firstly, I am hoping to put some features in that go beyond the standard AOS, I would just use a trigger template for an AOS otherwise and learn the basics needed to apply the relevant variables for my map.

2. While I may well do what you have stated as a last resort, I would much prefer to save to the time and tedious trial and error, if someone experienced in this field could help me out. While I am not rushing this map, I don't wish to spend copious amounts of time on something I am not profficient at, and would rather spend that time improving hero abilities and balance.

L

Leos

What I meant was up to the point when I decided to make this map, I had no experience of JASS. To spend a week learning it would be silly, if someone else was willing to help me with the triggers instead, and this would allow me to spend the time I saved improving the map in otherways (improving terrain, making more heroes etc). However, I will learn it if I cannot find someone, since I recognise it will be useful (and perhaps necessary) in the long run.

Anyway, since it's kinda annoying and offtopic, no more "learn it yourself" posts please, as I said before, I'm just seeing if anyone is interested.

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Well learning it would be the best way, because if you have any errors you know where they are and how to fix them. But if someone else were to do it for you, and an error comes up, you won't know how to fix it and you have to keep contacting that person until it's fixed.

Anyways, there's a whole lot of JESP spells in the Spells section, see if you can find what you want or somewhat related to that and see if you can get it to what you want it to be.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
What I meant was up to the point when I decided to make this map, I had no experience of JASS. To spend a week learning it would be silly, if someone else was willing to help me with the triggers instead, and this would allow me to spend the time I saved improving the map in otherways (improving terrain, making more heroes etc). However, I will learn it if I cannot find someone, since I recognise it will be useful (and perhaps necessary) in the long run.

You'll never complete a map if you are worried so much about time (Which is why I haven't completed a map).

Okay okay, welcome to Windex Glow. He always comments like that, and the map maker always finds it offending or stupid or useless (and most of the time it's useful, like now).

But you seriously want someone to trigger the whole map?
Like, that's just stupid.
You gotta do SOME of the triggering... Like, hire someone to do spell triggering or something, and then you do everything else.

Oh, and if you notice most of these worker requesting threads are flamed like this lol

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
most ppl here look for maps that are triggered well, and regard the person triggering the person who made it, terraining is often only given as credits (not the guy who made the map) and without object data you cannot have any triggered skills, so basically if your asking a person to trigger your asking that person to make 2/3 the map. if another person makes 2/3 the map... thats not really your map now is it?

personaly i trigger in GUI and try to make all unless its a single player map MUI and if i can get master_maste and Choyves(sp?) to teach me jass

anyways, i wont be able to help you beacuse i use GUI, but really... like all advice you find from other people in life, you will often find that advice "annoying" or "useless" when the person just really wants to help, windex might be a bit arrogant at times, but behind that its just another peice of advice, as elms stated, windex is like that. If you follow this forum youll see it in him, just about every project that comes up youll see something like this, and as els stated most pl regard it as a uselss commment, when really he just wanted to post a suggestion.

if you know gui then i suggest you make the map in gui, it might not be as effecent, but itll be faster then searching for someone to do jass triggers, and as i stated before, if your doing triggers, itll reqire object data so that guy thats doing the jassing is going to do 2/3rds of your map for you, and with that, its not really your map.

(if your confused why i say 2/3rds of map, ill break it down for you
1/3 Triggers
1/3 Object data (includes inports)
1/3 Terrain
This is my simple breakdown of whats in a map, 3 things... triggers, content, looks)

WindexGlow

Reaction score
Okay okay, welcome to Windex Glow. He always comments like that, and the map maker always finds it offending or stupid or useless (and most of the time it's useful, like now).
I was being nice to this guy. Even though I should have made a flame about the aos ='[
windex might be a bit arrogant at times, but behind that its just another peice of advice, as elms stated, windex is like that.
When I seem to sound serious but it's wrong, it's normally me seeing how far I can get the person to go.
Other times, it's just me trying to get the guy to make his map better. Sadly I doubt very many people realize this =[ so I have to word what I say differently and nice-er-ally.

But seriously, learn it yourself. 21 hours (7 days + 3 hours each day) is probably way too much for learning enough jass to make your own triggers. I was making very simple triggers using jasscraft with 3 hours (no prior coding experience). Of course I couldn't do anything else than real simple stuff that didn't do anything, but a few more hours and I would be able to.

L

Leos

Ok...

But you seriously want someone to trigger the whole map?
Like, that's just stupid.
You gotta do SOME of the triggering... Like, hire someone to do spell triggering or something, and then you do everything else.

Oh, and if you notice most of these worker requesting threads are flamed like this lol

When did I say I wasn't doing any of the triggering? I have done quite a few spell triggers already, and any triggers that do not require JASS. I have also done a fair share of object data so far, and am perfectly happy with doing it all.

if you know GUI then i suggest you make the map in gui, it might not be as effecent, but itll be faster then searching for someone to do jass triggers, and as i stated before, if your doing triggers, itll reqire object data so that guy thats doing the jassing is going to do 2/3rds of your map for you, and with that, its not really your map.

I do know GUI quite well, but I am worried that what I have planned may not be possible in GUI. Let me give an example. I wish to have a mission giver who when gone to, picks a random mission (out of 3 or 4) and gives this missiom to both teams. These missions will range from first to get a hero kill, first team to hold a point for 15 seconds, or first to find an item hidden on the map. Whichever team completes the objective first, wins x gold. Now, I'm not sure if the random element of this system can be implememted in GUI.

Finally, let me add this. As I have said several times before, there are potentially many more advantages to having someone help create and potentially come co-maker with me on this map (if they were willing) than just having my triggers done nice and fast. At the moment, I have to take responsibility for all advertising and hosting, which with two people would be more effective. Secondly, a second person can pick out faults you may have missed or not noticed, like an unbalanced ability combination for a hero.

However, considering the fact that getting someone who will stay to help with the map after it is released, and for further versions will be very difficult, and the fact that if someone cannot stick around to help out, I will be left with a map which I partially cannot understand. Therefore, while I am still looking for someone who could help out with JASS, that person would have to fufill the conditions I have just said. To be honest, I almost feel its not worth the risk, but if someone is interested, pm me.

Anyway, thank you for the advice, it has made me think a few things through.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.