Macros...secret macro i know, i think :p

B

bulldogg13

well yes self explanitory but just wanted to start a thread on macros, but yeah i just wanted to show a few macros that i have found out, so far i am the only person who knows the macro. i say that becuase i know on my server no one else knows about it :p pretty sure about that lol. but here is the macro, basically what it does is that it will lets say if you have someon follow you, you basically click this button a lot of times "spam" the button, and then your screen will freeze up BUT on their screen you are still moving, so they keep following you. and then whenever you want you quit hitting the button and then you will stay right where you were when you started clicking the button, and that person that followed you, will have just followed nothing. it is actually good against horde if your alliance or alliance if your horde. nice for getting away. but it is a really stupid, yet simple macro. stupid as in omg why is this the macro, the code i mean well here it is

/sit
/stand
/sit
/stand
/sit
/stand
/sit
/stand
/sit
/stand

and you keep doing that code untill you cannot write anymore words and that is it :)

but for it to work you need to keep hitting the button.

but please post if you guys want to on macros if you know any, they dont have to be special :p they can be macros i guess to help others too ;)

~Bulldogg13

P

Persen

Gotta try it^^

My rogue tricks, never tried seriously, dunno if they still work, but cool anyway:

EDIT: "Not tested" means "not tested by me"

"Legit" macros:

Sprint & evasion before Preparation - Doesn't matter, you're resetting CDs anyway^^ (Not tested, but should work)
Code:
/cast Evasion
/stopcasting
/cast Sprint
/stopcasting
/cast Preparation

Pretty straight-forward, enable auto looting for best results
Code:
/cast Pick Pocket
/stopcasting
/cast {Any opener}

Bugged ones:

Cheapshot without breaking stealth - Un-equip bow first and mash ahead (Not tested!)
Code:
/equip [noequipped:bow] {your bow name}
/cast Cheap Shot
/stopattack

Mash for bugged riposte (Not tested!)
Code:
/castrandom Sinister Strike, Riposte

B

bulldogg13

nice!

those are some neat ones, now since the expansion i think, there is that "auto-loot" button in the interface options which i like. :) i remember that a 70 took me through SM when i was lvl 32 on my pally and i had to pay 5g for it so i was like ok, but he decided i could not loot, he only though i was there for the xp........i was like heck nah! lol so i turned on auto-loot beat him every time ;).

P

Persen

Paladin macro I made up today:
Code:
/cast [harm] Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast [harm] {Any seal}
Will judge and re-seal... Straight-forward, allows you to get of judgements a little faster...

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
MY Paladin Macro ;) :rolleyes:
Code:
/cast devine Shield
/stopcast Devine Shield
/cast Hearth Stone

lol, I had to :p

P

Persen

@Lord_Phoenix
Unfortunately it wouldn't work, but it would certainly be fun to say when you and your friends compare macros^^

B

bulldogg13

yeah that macro would be awesome, i love bubble hearthing so fun :)

B

bulldogg13

aww, i don't think so, i think paladins are one of the best classes, i think becuase i guess i am used to it. i also love warlocks too becuase of their DOTs and being able to have a demon and also...Fear hehe ;).

basically for me, i think of it like this

1)Paladins
2)Warlocks
3)Hunters
4)Rogues
5)Warriors
6)Mages
but that is me, i don't want to anger anyone. it is just how i feel the classes are to me.

(havn't played a shaman or a druid or a priest yet)

P

Persen

I like mage most, pala is nearly as fun... Shaman, priest and lock is incredibly fun too, atleast for as long as i've played em (up to between lvl 15 and 25)...

Anything.

Reaction score
aww, i don't think so, i think paladins are one of the best classes, i think becuase i guess i am used to it. i also love warlocks too becuase of their DOTs and being able to have a demon and also...Fear hehe ;).

1)Paladins
2)Warlocks
3)Hunters
4)Rogues
5)Warriors
6)Mages
but that is me, i don't want to anger anyone. it is just how i feel the classes are to me.

Although I dearly hate paladins, it is by far the most fun class I have played so far - minus the fact that you suck at ranged combat and attack really slow.

Second is the hunter who can shoot from miles and miles away and one shot mages with Aimed Shot.

Then third I would say is either druid or priest because healing = love. Rogues come next for WSG only. Mages, Shaman, Warlock, then Warrior rank up like that.

Aren't these macros, like, you know... Cheating?

B

bulldogg13

well which macros? macros are basically a set of commands to make things a lot easier to do, that is why blizz added macros. you know so you can do multiple things at once, the best people usually have a lot of macros they make so they can do multple things at once or just make something easier, like i have a macro for healing me, instead of have to click the heal and put on myself i just click the macro and it will heal me, and i don't have to do those 2 things (click and heal). but the macro i showed you guys,
/sit
/stand
/sit
/stand

well i have no idea if that is cheating, i came across that when trying to make some funny macros. so i don't know lol.

P

Persen

I consider the rogue exploits cheating - if they work... However the others are legit macros. Not sure in which category to put sit/stand bug^^

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Well if you have presence of mind as a mage, you can make an instant cast sheep. :)

Code:
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Polymorph(Rank X)

So what DOES the "/stopcasting" thing do, allow you to cast two things in a row, without having to double click a macro? That'd be nice :)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stops the useless casting time when activating cooldowns/items, because they do not share a global cooldown.

P

Persen

Code:
/cast Presence of Mind
[B]/stopcasting[/B] #Important part!
/cast Polymorph

So what DOES the "/stopcasting" thing do, allow you to cast two things in a row, without having to double click a macro? That'd be nice :)
Well, as Dax said, it allows you to cast a non-global-cd-spell and a ordinary one in sequence. As if you'd click PoM, it activates instantly, but casting still takes about a second. Now, if you pressed ESC, you would still have PoM activated, but skip the casting. This way we can create some interesting macros :D

Note that it will only work with abilities that do not trigger global CD. Examples are the ones I've used here (Judgement, Pickpocket etc.)
You can see if an ability lacks global cd pretty easily, just use it and see if you get CD on the others. If not, you can cast it before another spell with the /stopcasting trick.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score

1)Paladins
2)Warlocks
3)Hunters
4)Rogues
5)Warriors
6)Mages

1. priest
2. mage
3. warlock
4. druid
5. shaman
6. rogue
7. hunter
8. warrior
9. pally

Void

Reaction score
This is something I made up for hunters,
/cast Freeze Trap
/stopcasting
/cast Readiness
/stopcasting
/cast Frost Trap (or whatever the slowing one is called)

And another one for mages
/cast Frost Nova
/stopcasting
/cast Cold Snap
/stopcasting
/cast Frost Nova

Slow 'n freeze and a double frost nova! WOOT

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
When I played WoW, I used some very useful stance-switching macros that would switch you to a specific stance, but if you were in it already it would cast a specific spell. Very handy in PvP if you have talents in Anger Managment:

Battle Stance/Charge
Code:
/script
texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName('Charge(Rank 1)'); else CastSpellByName('Battle Stance()'); end;

Defensive Stance/Taunt
Code:
/script
texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2); if isActive then CastSpellByName('Taunt(Rank 1)'); else CastSpellByName('Defensive Stance()'); end;

Berserker Stance/Intercept
Code:
/script
texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName('Intercept(Rank 1)'); else CastSpellByName('Berserker Stance()'); end;

Although I'm pretty sure these are known about, and you'd need to change the levels of the abilities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.