Making a building only able to make one hero.

R

R4MB0

Okay, I made a building that train heroes. But, how do you make it only to make one of each hero? The unit is a hero, since after it dies you can ressurect it and it says our hero has fallen.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

M

MrJoeS

Look in the Map Initialization trigger. One of the actions is "melee game - limit heroes to 1 per hero-type (for all players)"

::salesman voice::
Are there other buildings in your map that need to train copies of a kind of hero? If not, this trigger is for you.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
that's how u do it if u are making a melee map. for a custom game it can get a fair bit trickier. this stuff i'm explaining here has been obtained from blizzard sources, I haven't actually tried it out myself yet.

1) use the action "Player - Limit training of unit-type to 1 for Player x"

2) Add your custom hero(es) to the Techtree - Dependency Equivalents field of any of the standard 21 standard melee heroes (and i think 'any' really means 'any').

3) you may need to add your custom heroes to the dependency equivalents of a hero which you aren't using (e.g. like a neutral one if u are adding/replacing heroes in the tavern). Otherwise the "1 per hero type" limit will go off for that hero when you train a custom hero.

if u still can't figure it out with the above info, maybe i'll have a look through it myself and figure out whats going on here.

R

R4MB0

Thanks.

Thanks. Darg's suggestions do work (to anybody reading this) and, uh, MrJoe's would probably work to if my map was a melee map.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
wow, i'm impressed u figured it out, cos it doesn't really make much sense to me lol

maybe i'll give it a go myself, so I can get a better explained version into the FAQ.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.