Making a wall spell

hazylwp

Reaction score
How to trigger a spell that conjures a wall in front of the caster and the wall will damage enemy units that pass through it?I don't know JASS so i'm hoping someone can give me some ideas of how to do it using GUI and making it MUI

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can make one in GUI. But it requires pretty good knowledge of the editor do to it.

How experienced are you with variables?

hazylwp

Reaction score
Hmm my knowledge of the editor is all right and I have some knowledge about variables too but still new to arrays and custom scripts

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
I think you should use dummy units. Creating those dummy units beside each other and then a for loop should check each dummy and see if there is a unix X range near it (this checking should be done at a short interval -- every 0.05 seconds or similar). If there is then do the damage.

hazylwp

Reaction score
@juggernaut what is the formula or the math to placing units horizontally facing of the caster?the periodic one i can do but I just don't know how to place them properly

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Ok, I did it, but I don't have it in this computer. When I login to the other PC I will upload the map.
Uploaded!

Attachments

• Wall-Spell.w3x
    19.8 KB · Views: 157

hazylwp

Reaction score
Thanks for map man but is your spell MUI? By the way your triggers look quite complicated to me :eek:. What if I wanted to make it point castable?what variables should I change/add?

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Change the first point variable. I think it's called Start.
There it is position of Hero offset by (some number).
You change it to: Target point of ability being cast

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.