Weird Microwaved Chicken Isn’t Necessarily Cooked Chicken

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
As if there weren’t enough reasons to pass on frozen chicken.

This week, the federal government announced that 32 people in 12 states were sickened with salmonella poisoning after eating precooked, frozen chicken dinners. The problem? Many of the people who got sick apparently did not follow the instructions for preparing the meal, which called for heating it in an oven. Those who got sick popped their meals in microwaves instead.

According to the Department of Agriculture, the dishes included breaded or pre-browned chicken breasts, some of them stuffed with vegetables or sold as “chicken Kiev” and “chicken cordon bleu.” The appearance of the food led people to assume that the chicken breasts were thoroughly cooked, even though they were still raw or undercooked inside. The agency said that some of the sicknesses occurred in Minnesota, but would not identify the 11 other states involved in the outbreak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Another reason why I'm glad I'm vegetarian.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
There are a ton of good ones if you know where to look.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
The morons who got salmonella probably mic'ed it for a certain amount, felt it and turned out to be a bit cold still, and just told themselves "fuck it" and ate. Fools! Learn to properly heat foods rather than making chicken look bad!

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
The morons who got salmonella probably mic'ed it for a certain amount, felt it and turned out to be a bit cold still, and just told themselves "fuck it" and ate. Fools! Learn to properly heat foods rather than making chicken look bad!

Uhhmm..no. Microwaves don't cook the food, lol. If a box tells you to cook it, then you really should. They can't really be held responsible when it is in printed on the box.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Uhhmm..no. Microwaves don't cook the food, lol. If a box tells you to cook it, then you really should. They can't really be held responsible when it is in printed on the box.

They can't be held responsible for not reading the box?

You got to be kidding...

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Man... you can get sick from ANYTHING these days... It sucks D=

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Vegeterians don't require the use of a microwave... unless they use those fake wanna-be vegeterian salads that you have to heat on the microwave...
But still, vegies and fruits can also make you sick. My brother's girlfriend is sick from food poisoning after eating some vegetable...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Being a Vegetarian is also not a good idea, if you're not taking vitamin supplements to get the nutrients that you're missing from meat.

PETA ftl.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score

I know! If its still frozen in the middle they are pretty dumb. You should probably always cook chicken in the oven anyway.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I know! If its still frozen in the middle they are pretty dumb. You should probably always cook chicken in the oven anyway.
yes, and have the chicken at least 1.5 hour in the oven.

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
Must have been their first time to ever cook :confused: That just shows how stupid the human race truly is.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Must have been their first time to ever cook :confused: That just shows how stupid the human race truly is.

Ye - I would've thought that a microwaveable meal would've been one of the 'safer' (as regards human intelligence that is) ways of cooking something. Not sure if it's really safer health-wise, but it hasn't caused me any problems yet

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.