Mines

master maste

Reaction score
Thanks, it works now without crashing. I'll go try it out and see if it works :)

edit: trigger didnt do anything.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
It should. I'm sorry about the crash. I just forgot a few parenthesis and tried to convert a region to a rect... SILLY ME!!! :D

master maste

Reaction score
kk still doing some testing, but whats wrong with the trigger and it not working (also the map goes super slow when I enter game, just checking if its my other triggers (all I did was remove locust from the unit to see what would happen))

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Theres two thoughts to this post.

First;

and the footman has locust

In GUI, the trigger won't notice if a unit that has locust comes within range of one who doesn't, or maybe it's vice versa?

Well, either way - Locust complicates things. In a maze I made, I had to remove locust for my unit could just walk right by it. When I removed it, the trigger worked. Though this was in GUI, and it may not affect JASS. Just test it without locust, once. It would take a second to reverse so the unit has locust again. It would be worth testing (Assuming that trigger is correct in the first place).

Secondly;

Stop some of your stupid posts! This thread is to help Master_Maste with his trigger problem, not waste time by having to read pointless posts to get to what we need to help. Had I came now, without originally seeing this thread, I wouldn't have read it all for 23 posts seem like quite a few for me. An example is:

"Cool Indeed."

Keep the posts important, I beg of you.

Last but not least, good luck! :) Beware of the locust.

master maste

Reaction score
If this does not work I will code post my code Icyculyr, but I would prefer to keep as much as possible in Jass.

anyways my old trigger was making it go slow.
umm still not doing anything (btw what is this supposed to do exactly)

only 30 units on the map and only 1 of them is a footman and 1 usually get create in game by my ability.

also I tried removing locust and nothing changed.

master maste

Reaction score
at the moment, but as the footman gets created by an ability I want it to work for any footmen that will ever get created.:)

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
"Cool Indeed."

I replied simply to what Waaaaagh had said, I reply to everything, it is rude to not reply.

And as much help as Master Maste needs, continuing posting, will keep this thread up the top aswell

>> Master Maste, You can have that trigger in jass, I can try and write it for you in Jass, let me go download JassCraft

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Bah shit. I don't know what I did.... It stopped working...

Ima make it normal... no hijacked conditions

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I thought it may have been the 'Hijacked conditions' :p

We will see soon, hopefully it is, because JassCraft is playing up lol, so I can not write in jass now:(

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
JASS:
function CreateMine_MineId takes nothing returns integer
    return 'hkni'
endfunction

function CreateMine_DetonationRange takes nothing returns real
    return 300.
endfunction

function CreateMine_AlwaysTrue takes nothing returns boolean
    return true
endfunction

function CreateMine_Detonate takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit footy=GetTriggerUnit()
    if(GetUnitTypeId(footy)=='hfoo')then
        call SetUnitExploded(footy,true)
        call KillUnit(footy)
    endif
    set footy=null
endfunction

function CreateMine takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit mine=GetEnteringUnit()
    local trigger t
    if(GetUnitTypeId(mine)==CreateMine_MineId())then
        set t=CreateTrigger()
        call TriggerRegisterUnitInRange(t,mine,CreateMine_DetonationRange(),Condition(function CreateMine_AlwaysTrue))
        call TriggerAddAction(t,function CreateMine_Detonate)
    endif
    set mine=null
endfunction

//========================================================================================================
function InitTrig_CreateMine takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger t=CreateTrigger()
    local region rectRegion=CreateRegion()
    call RegionAddRect(rectRegion,GetPlayableMapRect())
    call TriggerRegisterEnterRegion(t,rectRegion,Condition(function CreateMine_AlwaysTrue))
    call TriggerAddAction(t,function CreateMine)
    set rectRegion=null
    set t=null
endfunction

It works for sure. 'hkni' is a Knight.

master maste

Reaction score
what on earth am I doing wrong. I got the new trigger and changed "hkni" to h009 and "h00f" to h009, what am I doing wrong?

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
dont change 'hfoo'. 'hfoo' means footman. I just used a knight to test it.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but...

Perhaps try to narrow down what you are doing wrong? If you can't get this to work, try GUI. I know what you are thinking, so please read this fully. I know you don't wish to use GUI, but ONLY use it as a test then, perhaps?

If you try it in GUI, then you can know if it's something with the trigger, or something somewhere else. It's like the locust test - You're trying to know what you are generally doing wrong so you can find the problem specifically.

Sorry I don't know JASS - But this is a technique I use when I can't find the error of my WE ways.

Well, I hope you get it to work! :) It defiantly should not be as troublesome as it's being. :(

Edit: Sorry if I didn't read all previous posts before this, I am working on a map at the moment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.