Minigames Contest

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Since there's nothing new under the sun really(as it goes) I thought I'd better remake a classical game, one that we know is fun, rather than trying to produce some well-disguised concept of questionable originality that may or may not get a point in that category.

Void

Reaction score
Minigame finished.

Here's my entry. It's called Goblin Fishing Frenzy... I don't have a scoring system because I don't know how to make one :( but I would hope you had one for the entire map already worked out. There are only 2 things you need to change in the triggers when you import the map. Also, you might want to take out some of the doodads because theres like 3000 of them (literally!) :)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Like the terrain void, but two problems...
It's annoying to attack ground and
OMGZOR WTF where is my fisherman! Lol, I assumed my cam would start on him but it didn't o_o

Tonks

Reaction score
Do remakes of classic games count?
I would assume you'd get a poor mark on Originality if you did that.
Since there's nothing new under the sun really(as it goes) I thought I'd better remake a classical game, one that we know is fun, rather than trying to produce some well-disguised concept of questionable originality that may or may not get a point in that category.

Mostly originality will score you on how well you make it unique. New features, different gameplay, etc.. I probably won't mark you down unless you simply copy the game, without adding your own unique touch to it.

Here's my entry. It's called Goblin Fishing Frenzy... I don't have a scoring system because I don't know how to make one :( but I would hope you had one for the entire map already worked out. There are only 2 things you need to change in the triggers when you import the map. Also, you might want to take out some of the doodads because theres like 3000 of them (literally!) :)

Scoring systems are not necessary. I will create one for the entire lot when I have them all.

Void

Reaction score
It's annoying to attack ground and
That's the point of the game... To have to click where you're going to attack to hit the fish and not just be the first one to click on the fish...

OMGZOR WTF where is my fisherman! Lol, I assumed my cam would start on him but it didn't o_o

Right, I'll have to edit that and re-post my entry.

And Tonks, do you mind if I submit another one to go in the map? I like making minigames (*cough* only thing i can *cough* trigger *cough cough* lol *SNEEZE*) ;)

Tonks

Reaction score
And Tonks, do you mind if I submit another one to go in the map? I like making minigames (*cough* only thing i can *cough* trigger *cough cough* lol *SNEEZE*) ;)

Feel free to make as many as you want for the map, but I won't count them in the contest. You only get one shot in the contest.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that I'll put it in. Probably.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
hey Tonks, i thought you are going to join a contest, why host? are you tired finding one? lol
good job!

Tonks

Reaction score
hey Tonks, i thought you are going to join a contest, why host? are you tired finding one? lol
good job!

I've had this idea for a while. Now I'm on summer break so I can do it. I'm going to make some minigames to put in the map, but I'm not entering in the contest as that could be seen as unfair. I'll still join any contests that catch my fancy. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I finally got an idea for my minigame and I'm working on it already.
Now to the point, is it allowed to use small model imports to make the game more tropical?
Edit: Heh, I forgot the last rule of the contest :rolleyes:

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
erm...forgive about my noob english...i know the theme of this contest is
TROPICAL
But how do you descripe in tropical? What do you meant in tropical...?

H

hobo-orc

Err, sorry, ignore this post, I was just giving an idea, I forgot this was a contest, deleted my idea

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
may i take part in this contest?

Tonks

Reaction score
erm...forgive about my noob english...i know the theme of this contest is
TROPICAL
But how do you descripe in tropical? What do you meant in tropical...?

Use your sense of tropical. Make it feel warm, make it look inviting, make me want to walk on that sand.

may i take part in this contest?

Of course.

Reaction score
Also tropic can be rainy and foggy, like a rain forest for an example.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
eh...my map got some bug...can gimme 2 days to fix it...? exam these days...

Void

Reaction score
Okay now I'm officially releasing the minigame.

Name: Goblin Fishing Frenzy
Size: 32x32
Description: You are a goblin fisherman and it's time to go fishin' goblin style... with barrels of dynamite! Kill the fish first to win, and repeat until someone comes in 8th or the timer runs out (3 minutes).

Updates:
V1.1: Floating text removed properly
V1.2: Start locations re-placed
V1.3: Memory leak removed
V1.31: Auto-attack removed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.