Model design completed

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, heres the latest and greatest Ryoko design. It took a good couple months for the shop to manufacture, but well worth it.

It qualifies a 350 lb jet engine casting. It checks about 50 dimension items, best fits the part into orientation, and the .50 cal drills machine the datums into the part.

It also unlocks and rotates upside down for machining. Weighing in at about 1900 lbs.

Check out the nightmar of a C.G. calculation I did in this 4mb clip :)
http://www.griffonrawl-ohio.com/GAGE.MOV

Attachments

• gage.jpg
    gage.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 382

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
But what does it do? I'm not into much "machining", but I honestly can't see what a cool-looking spinning thing is supposed to do :D

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
My god Ryoko, what the hell can't you do? Are you secretly living another life and actually a Rocket Engineer in desiguise? Every day, I learn something new about your amazing skills.

I can't really give feedback because I have no idea what the hell it is, for one thing, is it suposed to be a weapon because you say it has 4.mb clip magazines rotator gun or somethign like that, yet it doesn't look anywhere near one.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Er, well, it is rocket science! Heh heh.

Okay. The big stainless part, is a casting for a fighter jet engine. When castings that big are made, they get a lot of variation, distortion, and twisting.

The other parts, I modeled. Thats the tool.

It checks 50 or so features to make sure there dimensionally correct. They can 'best fit' the part by adjusting it in all axis.

Once its best fit, those drills machine in 6 'reference' spots to use later in the process.

Those spots are on the bottom, so it has to flip upside down. So I hadda calculate the center of gravity of both gage & casting, and put it on 2" industrial bearings.

The black base is 2" thick solid steel. All parts are black oxided, and I sent the frame (which we made and welded up) to powder coat. We also sent the cabinet, so they would match.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
So basically it's a valuable asset in a factory of various parts, right? :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
I can't really give feedback because I have no idea what the hell it is, for one thing, is it suposed to be a weapon because you say it has 4.mb clip magazines rotator gun or somethign like that, yet it doesn't look anywhere near one.

:eek:

:eek:

HAHAHAHAHA

:D

He said a 4mb clip. Aka, a 4 megabyte movie clip of the thing in action.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.