Health Monkey Embryos Cloned for Stem Cells

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Researchers in Oregon reported yesterday that they had created the world's first fully formed, cloned monkey embryos and harvested batches of stem cells from them -- a feat that, if replicated in people, could allow production of replacement tissues or organs with no risk of rejection.

Successful creation of the cloned embryos, each from a single monkey skin cell, effectively settles a long-standing scientific debate about whether primates -- the taxonomic grouping that includes monkeys and people -- are biologically incapable of being cloned, as some had come to believe after years of failures.

That fact alone could reinvigorate a stalled congressional battle over whether restrictions on human embryo cloning should be tightened or loosened. Currently, such work is legal with private funds but off-limits to federally funded scientists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Yay!
Mass monkeys for less!
Visit your local Monkeys4Less store for cheap and easy to handel monkeys!
XD

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Mmmwwwaaahaaahaa haaa haarrrrr!!!

This is no joke, It has always been my lifelong dream to rule the world with an army of cloned monkeys. I live in Washington. One little midnight rendezvous and those monkey embryos are mine! Mmmwaa haaa ha ha. Watch the news boys!!! It will happen...tonight!

Matemeo

Reaction score
This is no joke, It has always been my lifelong dream to rule the world with an army of cloned monkeys. I live in Washington. One little midnight rendezvous and those monkey embryos are mine! Mmmwaa haaa ha ha. Watch the news boys!!! It will happen...tonight!

I already got them, what now? :D

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
I already got them, what now? :D

Huh. Oh I must have forgot and left a few behind. Either way I find it all too suspicious...no media coverage. :cool: Maybe they smell a sinister plan brewing and don't want to alert the masses until they know for certain. Mass hysteria and all.

By the way...what do you want cloned monkeys for?

lol...remember that scene from Groundhog Day..."what would he want with a groundhog...oh I know - that pervert!"

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
>By the way...what do you want cloned monkeys for?

Title: Monkey Embryos Cloned for Stem Cells

:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.