Moving Units with trigger

J

JumpOnMySword

Hello again
I am trying to move lots of units from point a to point b. Of the number, about 8 or so units move to the destination but leave 11 behind. Help?

--the problem child.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
what action are you using?

did you use this one? :

pick every unit in [region a] and do <order (picked unit) to move to [region b]>

J

JumpOnMySword

You helped me before with this trigger, but I thought that this problem was different than the older problem. This is what you told me to do.

Untitled Trigger 001

Actions
[1][ unit group - pick every unit and do action]
[2][ units owned by player]
[3][ issue order targeting a point ]

[1]Unit Group - Pick every unit in [2](Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do [3](Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Center of defend1 <gen> ))

--Jump

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm, its kinda weird that about 8 would go but 11 would stay. There's definitely something else weird going on here. Are you able to post your entire trigger?

J

JumpOnMySword

I'm not sure what you mean by posting my entire trigger. If you wanted me to type what it says in the trigger window, here it is.

Events:
-Map Initialization
Conditions
-None
Action:
-Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Unit Group - Order (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defend2 <gen>))

This doesnt seem like it should be a difficult trigger, but I guess I was wrong eh?

--Jump

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
ah ha! i can see the problem right there! you haven't exactly done what I wrote out for you! :)

-Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do ***(Unit Group - Order (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defend2 <gen> ))***

the stuff inside the stars is wrong, you're using the wrong action.

you should be using the "unit - issue order targeting a point" action.

read my original trigger again carefully, and you might understand a bit better how yours is different to mine. :)

J

JumpOnMySword

Ok, I have to select a unit, so
I select a unit that is going to be moving in that group, but only he moves. Wut is goin on?

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Unit - Order Shielded Orc 0017 <gen> to Attack-Move To (Center of Defend1 <gen>))

--Jump
Problem Child

M

MrJoeS

"problem child" is right...

Sheesh. Instead of using the "select unit" button, use the function list:

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Unit - ***Order Shielded Orc 0017 <gen>*** to Attack-Move To (Center of Defend1 <gen> ))

***is wrong***

You want "Picked unit," from the funtion list on the unit window.

J

JumpOnMySword

I'm sorry for my stupidity lol. I thought when he meant picked unit, the unit I picked on the map. My bad.

--Jump
Problem Child

J

JumpOnMySword

Darg, I'm sorry that I've been buggin u with this, but I just dont understand at all. All the units still, will not go with the group, a bunch of them still stay back. This is my trigger:

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defend1 <gen>))

That looks like yours, and the other guy that helped me out. CONFUSED!

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
okay, it looks like you've finally got the right action going, so if it still isn't working then there definitely is something else going on that I don't know about. Like for example, whether all the units are owned by player 1 or not.

If you want you can send me ur map at "[email protected]", and I'll look through it for you.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
JumpOnMySword: i've fixed the problem and sent it back to you. check your email.

J

JumpOnMySword

Thanks a lot Darg! Your comments helped me a lot too. I have a question though. When there was a point where a unit was talking, you used cinematic triggers. Why?

--Jump

If your not following what I'm saying its no big deal.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
What that did was display the portrait of the talking unit in the interface portrait area at the bottom. Have a look carefully the next time you see isildur talking and you'll see that his portrait shows up there, even when you try and click on any other unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.