Nasty Virus

Fallen-Kid

Reaction score
Well i played a little bit of warcraft III and was tired so i went to bed. It logged me off and when i logged back on i had a completely different background saying how my files are unsafe and a brand new anti-virus software! yay! well now im unable to run my previous antivirus software as they and all my files are "infected" i can run IE though :banghead:.
Im trying the microsoft online scans, but my comp shuts down after say 20-30 mins. Was wondering if anyone had a similair virus and had better results then a system restore/format which is not liking my comp right now even with a CD? idk if this is the right kind of forum for this so sorry in advance if so.
The Antivirus program a.k.a virus is called System Security. My normal anti-virus programs are spy-bot which i like alot and symantec which i've decided to change after reading alot of virus posts on this website(yes i used search =D). The program does not show in program files or anywhere in my computer. I cannot open any programs but window explorer and internet explorer so far.
Edit: start up is not letting me get into safe mode even though im pressing f8.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Spybot is not an anti-virus. /facepalm

When the computer is loading up, press control+alt+delete and try to find the process that this virus runs on. End the process tree and then run the process "explorer.exe"

Then, run Symantec. Then, download Avast.

Fallen-Kid

Reaction score
Well safe mode wasn't much help(i finally got into it.). The virus blocks task manager :(. But i found where it was located. Application data. good place to hide in i guess as you can't search it or anything(idk if that was the virus's doing). Go into application data find the folder labeled C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\538654387\1632575944.exe.
Then rename the folder as your cannot delete it. Restart your computer and then delete the files. Clean up with a registry cleaner and runs your anti-virus's. Easier fix then i thought if you can find the folder.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.