Reaction score
I'd like to make this trigger leak-less and lag-less as much as i can

Trigger:
  • Drop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Point[1] = (Random point in Region 000 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])

Trigger:
  • Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Peasant
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Entering unit)
      • Set Point[2] = (Random point in Region 000 <gen>)
      • Unit - Cause (Entering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at Point[2], dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[2])

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
As far as I can tell there are no leaks, and it shouldn't cause lag.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why would you create a unit, just to kill it to damage an area ?! :S
Why not just create an explosion there or something ? :eek:

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
This does seem rather pointless to make it just to kill it. You could have a single dummy unit in some corner of the map deal all the damage. I'm not sure if the damage would be dealt if you kill it first anyway.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
this trigger is leakless.

this trigger should not lag for any computer which is less then 15 years old.

this trigger is absolutely pointless. do as the others said, use some dummy unit and dump that peasant creation idea.

This does seem rather pointless to make it just to kill it. You could have a single dummy unit in some corner of the map deal all the damage. I'm not sure if the damage would be dealt if you kill it first anyway.

the damage will be dealt no matter whether its dead or not, only if you remove it the damage would not be dealt.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It does leak, as whenever you use the little thing called "(Entire Map)" it leaks... Use "(Playable map area)" instead ;)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It does leak, as whenever you use the little thing called "(Entire Map)" it leaks... Use "(Playable map area)" instead ;)

are you sure entire map leaks? i thought it would be a global, more over it is used in the event, that means it wouldnt be created periodically or with each call of this trigger, but only once.

Jedi

Reaction score
It just creates a region while game is starting, not that bad.But playable are is better :p

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
No, Entire Map isn't a global, but Playable map area is... It's stupid XD

thank you for the info, thats something i didnt know.
(not that its stupid, i knew that before, but that entire map is not global)

Okay

Reaction score
Well I think part of the problem is pretty obvious. .1 seconds is way too small of an interval. You have not one but 2 triggers running every tenth of a second. You also should consider that it has to run the death sequence for every single peasant. If that doesn't make a computer lag i dont know what will.

You should change the interval to at least .5 seconds, although I would recogmend making it a second or longer (a second won't feel like a very long time anyway).

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I think part of the problem is pretty obvious. .1 seconds is way too small of an interval. You have not one but 2 triggers running every tenth of a second. You also should consider that it has to run the death sequence for every single peasant. If that doesn't make a computer lag i dont know what will.

You should change the interval to at least .5 seconds, although I would recogmend making it a second or longer (a second won't feel like a very long time anyway).

if these little actions will slow my computer down i would throw that computer out of the window.
this trigger will definitly not cause any lags if they stand alone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.