Need help making buff spell

Kosire

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a spell where the caster can use it on himself and any allies that will increase maximum HP for x duration. Is there a way to do that? I don't want it to be permanent like an aura and I dont want it to be self only like avatar. : / Please Help

~Kosire

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Hm, when the ability is cast, pick all nearby allies, store them in a group (array if you want it MPI/maybe MUI) and give them Item Health Bonus, then wait X seconds, pick all units in that group, remove Item health bonus.

Kosire

Reaction score
Im not quite advanced with HE ^_^. So In order to do this it requires a trigger, then what do I have the base ability do so it wont do anything? I mean, how do I make the ability only do what the trigger tells it to do. sorry kinda confused on how to actually do all that

<-- Noob :(

edit:
Yes, and there's sereval ways.

I'll see if I could find a link.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125019
reading now thanks for finding this

Kosire

Reaction score
The way that he does it, simonake, will that be able to target allies? I liked the idea of having work on all nearby allies. but I dont know how to go about this. I dont know how to make a "dummy" ability, never done it before

edit: Also, Id actually prefer to see the buff on the character, would give the kinda feel im going for.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
hard stuff.

To target allied, create a new custom spell, with target allowerd, self, allies.
To have the buffs, you'd add to create a unit that has "Slow" or something like that, and Issue it to cast "slow" on the target.

Kosire

Reaction score
EDIT:
Trigger:
  • Endure
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Endure
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Khadgar&#039;s Gem of Health at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

That's what I came up with. maybe unorthadox but would it work?

Edit:
I got it to work when removing "Last Created item" the problem with that being I would only be able to cast the buff one person at a time otherwise the given item would stay in inventory after creating another

Kosire

Reaction score
Creep respawning issues

sorry..
can someone close this please? I solved it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.