Need Help! pls reply

VEN0M

Reaction score
I created "Hero Tavern" but when I played it doesn't light up when I type "-ap"
i don't know the reason. I copied all the instruction written in the trigger but still it doesn't lights up. I think there's something really wrong with my map

I just wanna ask some questions

1.)How to make "Hero Tavern" just like DotA?
ans.

2.)What is a region?

3.)How to create proper and correct region?
ans.

4.)How to team up my players so they don't attack each other when they are on the same force?

I really need help
:(

Kling[o]

Reaction score
i don't know the reason. I copied all the instruction written in the trigger but still it doesn't lights up. I think there's something really wrong with my map

ans.

2.)What is a region?

ans.

4.)How to team up my players so they don't attack each other when they are on the same force?

I really need help

1) create a custom tavern and put your own heroes in?

2) This is a location in the map

3) By trigger or not?

4) Try to make a trigger that check when someone is attacked then you check if the unit getting attacked is in same team and to finish if it's true you order to attacking unit to order "stop".

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
2) It isn't a location :p. It's an area. Locations are points.

3) I don't think you can create regions using triggers (in GUI). Use the Region pallette, from the different pallettes you use to place units, terrain, doodads, etc.

4) I would actually suggeset changing the alliances with triggers as you see fit, this way you don't need to constantly stop them from attacking each other, and they won't deal damage to each other using spells either.

VEN0M

Reaction score
I mean I can't buy heroes in the tavern cause I couldn't see it or there's no player unit near it.
(Ex. I type "-ap" but the area where the tavern is located doesn't lights up)

Even I play it on single player then I type in "iseedeadpeople" but still I can't buy heroes from the tavern:(

sentrywiz

Reaction score

ans.

2.)What is a region?

ans.

I really need help

1) Check Ryoko's tutorials on creating a tavern. You can find that on the homepage. Here is a direct link:

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/herotavern.php

That is what I used first time when I had no idea and wanted taverns like in dota. Its a great tutorial. Credits go to the owner, don't forget to give rep.

NOTE: If you already have the triggers, but you can't purchase heroes from the taverns, place any unit near it ( I use Circle of Power mostly ). If it is not trigger set which unit can purchase heroes, then you can give the unit you are using "Purchase Unit" ability. I am not sure it was called like that. I think this will solve your problem

2) Region is ... well its a region. A place on the map you put and further use for triggers.

3) Use the Region placer. Go to Layer and select Region

4) If players are in the same force, they won't attack each other. If players are in different forces, they can then attack each other. If you want to further explore this, open the Alliances Tab under Forces. Here you can set which player can be enemy, ally etc with who.

If you have players in different forces but you want them to not attack each other, you can use triggers to set ally/enemy.

Okay

Reaction score
1. The tutorial (see sentrywiz'z post above) should answer all of your questions

2. A region is an area of the map, which can be created through triggers or preplaced on the map. They are for use in triggers.
This is for triggers like If you want something to happen to a unit but only when it enters a certain place, put a region in that place and do a unit enters the region and do whatever action. You can also do things when a unit leaves a region.
For example, you can set a trap in a certain place that kills the unit if it goes there, or if your unit tries to leave the boundries of an area, it dies.

Its also useful if you want something to not happen inside or outside an area. You would use the bolean condition unit in region.
For example, you can't attack if you are in an area, or you can only cast a certain ability in certain areas.

3. You create regions using the region layer

4. If you want players that start on the same force to be allied, then you go to scenario, force properties, make sure that the box use custom forces is checked, and check the box allied (and anyothers that you want) next to the force that you want to be allied. If you want players not starting on the same force to be allied then you have to use triggers. You could either set each alliance separately with the action player- set alliance, of you could create a variable of type player group, add in all the players that you want allied to eachother and use playergroup- set alliance.

VEN0M

Reaction score
How to customize or what to do with circle of power so it can buy heroes?

I followed ryoko's guide but "-repick" doesn't work

sorry for asking too much

I'm just confuse

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
>I followed ryoko's guide but "-repick" doesn't work
its either that you missed something, or made a small error. i dont there is anything else to it if you 'followed' the tutorial (step by step) :p

>doesn't work
try adding debug messages on critical lines (eg 1 to see if the event actually fires, displaying the matching units name, etc) in your trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.