Need Help

smurphy101

Reaction score
Right what i need help with..........

I am making a map which use's the -open/close gate command and i want to show/tell players what command to type. (I have already done the Commands so dont need help on them)

I want text to appear were the chat messages (like in Tree/Sheep Tag maps were test appears to tell you to run And build)

Also If you could tell me how to put instructions into the Quest Bit i waould be greatly thankfull for your help as it allows me to make improvements to my map and put certain Features (Story/Instuctions/Change log etc, etc)

I hope someone can help me.

Another Thing I would like to know, is how do i reveal an area of my Map (like Footman Frenzy where the center of the map is revealed to allow the players to see whats there) This will also Improve my map i, as i will be able to stop using Custom Made scout towers to reveal an area. Yet another thing i need help with, i have a trigger that spawns units every 10 seconds but as they will not always be killed, my map starts to lag after like 10 minutes because of so many units, what i want to do is limit to maximum amount of creeps that can be spawned

Like if i wanted a limit of 10 spawned units, no other units will be spawned until one of the spawned units is killed.

Thanks Smurphy101. :) :)

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
For the quest log...

Trigger:
  • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Lollol with the description blbalblabal , using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp

You can also use 'Required' Quest... They just appear on different sides.

For the part about making part of the map visible, we use JASS in Footmen Frenzy, but the idea is the same. Just create a region that you want to make visible, and then with triggers disable the fog of war for that region.

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
If you want it to display on their actual screens in the beginning like a Sheep Tag game, under actions go to Game -> Text Message. You can adjust how long it displays for and who sees it.

--Beetle

smurphy101

Reaction score
Thank You Roar And BeetleBomb for your help

but there is one last thing i dont know how to do is how to put a limit to how many units can spawn in a region

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Thank You Roar And BeetleBomb for your help

but there is one last thing i dont know how to do is how to put a limit to how many units can spawn in a region

Simple. Create an integer variable, then increase the number each time you spawn a unit. Now, make a condition asking if it's within the limit you want.

Tell me if you'd like me to go more in-depth ^^

--Beetle

smurphy101

Reaction score
please could specify were "integer variable" and "make a condition asking if it's within the limit you want." are

ok, just been looking thourgh the list of conditions and found Interger Comparison is this the thing you are going on about in "make a condition asking if it's within the limit you want."

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
please could specify were "integer variable" and "make a condition asking if it's within the limit you want." are

Go to your Trigger Editor, Press the Yellow X at the top, Create a variable, under variable type, scroll to Real, name it to anything you like(make sure array is UNchecked), press ok, and then ok again.

Now make a new trigger, make an event that checks every .25 seconds, actions, if/then/else multiple functions, make a condition, real comparison. Now, the rest should explain itself.

The action should look like this:

Code:
Unit - Set mana of (Mana Shielded Unit) to xx.xx%

smurphy101

Reaction score
i have this trigger

Events
Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Number of units in (Units in UNIT SPAWN <gen>)) Greater than 10
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
Else - Actions

For the Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit) how do i pick the unit that isnt there until the map starts and the units spawn also if i place the unit (in the editor) that spawns and i click it the Kill action only counts for that unit not all the units that will spawn

also if this is the wrong kind of trigger to do what i want please tell me (Im Thinking That It Might Be)

smurphy101

Reaction score
right you see the trigger

My 1st question-

Will this trigger kill the excess units that have spawned

You see the part Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit)

My 2nd question-how do i chose the triggering unit when there is no unit on the map (when its open in editor) itself to select

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
right you see the trigger

My 1st question-

Will this trigger kill the excess units that have spawned

You see the part Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit)

My 2nd question-how do i chose the triggering unit when there is no unit on the map (when its open in editor) itself to select

1) You shouldn't even need to worry about killing the excess units if they never spawn. The was the initial plan

2) You have to make a unit variable and establish it through the variable. Then you choose the name of the variable instead of "select unit".

smurphy101

Reaction score
units DO spawn and i have had problems with to many units spawning which makes the map lag my

my question is will the trigger i made kill the excess units that spawn
i want the max number of units in a region to be 10 so if the number of units exceeds this amount and the number of units goes to 11 will with this trigger that 1 extra unit die

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
units DO spawn and i have had problems with to many units spawning which makes the map lag my

my question is will the trigger i made kill the excess units that spawn
i want the max number of units in a region to be 10 so if the number of units exceeds this amount and the number of units goes to 11 will with this trigger that 1 extra unit die

Listen, you will NEVER get 11 units if you make a condition on the trigger that spawns them asking if there's already 10 out on the field. It removes the entire problem you're talking about.

Do you need help making it?

Make a variable that's an integer and then whenever a unit spawns add 1 to the variable. Run a condition on the trigger that spawns the units that checks if the trigger is less then 10. If it's less than 10, it'll spawn the unit, if it's not, all the following actions are ignored.

Hopefully that's clear enough for you. If not, throw me the map and i'll do it for you so you can see what I did to fix the problem, but first try to do it on your own.

--Beetle

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.