• Games

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • D&D

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
To decide second triggerer, I have one small test. (since triggers are really important) You have to make a very simple trigger. It must make a spell's name show up once someone uses a spell. above the hero, scroll up, and then fade out.

@Bane I already have ideas down but if you want you can post ideas here.

freakincage

Reaction score
Oh my. I really hope you don't base your theme on the votes. Why fantasy? I know it seems to very popular and what not, but it also seems that there are already many "fantasy" Role Playing Games out there. Just my opinion :cool: .

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Vote 4 Zombie Role Playing Game :thup:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You Zombie haters don't need to play it or be involved with the project if it becomes a zombie theme (X-maul) :)

MrCrowley

Reaction score
I prefer fantasy over zombie as far as themes go because theres
so much more space for innovation and whatever you wanna throw in.
Especially medieval (since it fits sooo well its Warcraft 3 anyway)

And when your done convert it for RoC please :]

Renendaru

Reaction score
I am going to stay in contact with them, and I'm working on the basic map right now that we can work off.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i will be spells im trying to learn advanced spells so this shall help me aswell ok thanks if iget the part

Renendaru

Reaction score
Ok Dannyboy, you can be spells. Tell me if you need help with a JASS spell or a GUI spell.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
im actually trying to learn about jass but idont what to learn about on the topic : JASS : and why ineed it

Renendaru

Reaction score
JASS is easy to use once you understand it. To see what they look like, make a basic GUI trigger and convert it to custom script.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
so what exactly does jass do that gui cant do?

i heard jass is the warcraft main script but ... why convert to jass from gui?

EDIT : i wont be able to start til about thursday because my world editor isn't working properly

and does the we newgen help to use jass easier?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
It's going to be an Rpg for online players, so there are no cheaters.
You can prevent cheating with a trigger like this:
Code:
Prevent cheat
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing whosyourdaddy as An exact match
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing greedisgood as An exact match
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing iseedeadpeople as An exact match
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing thereisnospoon as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: No cheating!

Renendaru

Reaction score
@Kazuga the reason it's an online play is b/c I want to limit cheaters as much as possible, and wc3edit.net and others can still hack it.

@Danny Jass can do many things. There's barely any limits when you use JASS.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
K, well I voted for fantasy because I'm so sick of all the zombie games out there, and it's the most original.

The best with jass is that it doesn't lagg as much as gui do, it goes quicker to write in jass then click in gui and it's far more easier to understand and edit.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ok does anyone know a basic site to learn jass and just a few basics to get me started

p:s: can i use warcraft 3 reign of chaos to use jass or not?

Renendaru

Reaction score
Go to Hiveworkshop.com. The Hive is the best possible site for anything that's related to Wc3.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hive have great models, but I think the helper has alot good tutorials to. Try this one. It learned me alot and made me go to the more advanced stuff right away.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Alright all we need now is the second triggerer. Anyone up for the job?

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Kazuga, that trigger won't work.

Code:
Player 1 types Cheat Enabled! as an exact match

That would neither work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.