Newgen Memory Error

Blackgaze

Reaction score
Hello fellow helpers; I am in need of your help and this is really important to me to getting it fixed.

I am at the edge of finishing a map based around an island survival for online gaming; and most of is great. Its just over 8 megabytes which is a whopping size for a map; but I intend to cut it down to 7 megabytes by the end for online playability.

Anyway the problem...

Well just recently, everything has been ok. If I received a newgen error; it would be JASS related; and I only feature five triggers of JASS; all grenades-related... and for the previous two saves; they have been fine.

This problem however cannot be fixed; it happens whenever I save the game. It effects everything....... all the triggers that have been safe and all the events that have been fine..... Jasshelper now says they are bad and errorful.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2830/erry.jpg

Its not trigger related; but something known as "Memory Exhaustion"; I'm friends with your fellow helper Romek; and he's baffled about this.

I've been making this map for months; in the development plan for years. Now under 1% remaining to finish... THIS happens...

I'm really upset about this; almost depressed. I've contacted Vexorian about the problem; but other than him... you guys are my last hope. I don't want this map to fail and it will work if I can bypass this mysterious problem.
I will give as much detail to those who ask but I'm urging you to help me since I can't anything related to this.... except one clue which I tried to do and failed:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129578&highlight=memory+exhausted

Here is the only thread found through searching relating to this problem. While it did not solve it; this person has a very similar problem to me. The only theory me and Romek have thought this could be related; is that I've overdone the script.

My script ranges from 15'000 and 150'000 lines. And its possible that could be related to the maximum. But thats all we could guess...

Thanks for reading; please helpers... make my year complete :)

INCINERATE

Reaction score
did u make a backup?

everytime i put new content into my map i back it up first, cause this crap can happen at any time for the most retarded things, i remember trying to compile a map once,and because 1 trigger was wrong it disabled every single trigger i had and had tons of errors... THANK GOD for back ups.

im hopeing you did this :p?

Blackgaze

Reaction score
Thankfully I do.... This is map #15 of 15. However Map #14 was a while ago... so I would lose a bit if I do this.

But I don't think it was a bad trigger; otherwise it would have said. The screencap mentions the baseball bat; but after I deleted that... it went to a cave transport trigger.... and that has been fine for like 7 map backups; so no problem there.

It clearly doesn't want to say what the problem. Besides; the map loads... and I know what I added. The problem I want is fixing this; not leaving things out. I have plenty more ideas for updates and features after the map is released and I dont want a "maximum size" to stop this dream

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are about 4 JASS Scripts, all of which are perfectly fine and error-free (I checked myself).
GUI doesn't cause syntax errors, and there are no buggy custom script actions there.
The map saves fine when I removed some random triggers.

I don't think it could be anything other than the sheer size of the script (It's like 150,000 lines).

Ensabahnur

Reaction score
Does the map still save?

My thoughts are that you should have someone else try compiling it to see if it works for them.

Blackgaze

Reaction score
Yes the map saves thankfully.

I'm only in contact with Romek; he can't even load the map without deleting all the triggers.

Any people want to try and open it?

Blackgaze

Reaction score
I updated it recently at the request of Romek; but I believe this is new...

Let me try one more change to the map; then I send it. Since I don't want the map in public's hands; I need a email/private message if I am going to send it.

One more test...

AriesX_420

Reaction score
When this happened to me, i just unchecked Jasshelper, and the saving bypassed it, and the memory exhaust wont come into effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.