No-Named Mini-Game Map

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Mini-Game Map

Okay, my first ever project was a mini-game project. I figured that they are short, simple and fun. Woo. After about a month of development, I finshed my project and thought it looked fantastic. Then I went on B.net and played Uther Party...

Anyways, I feel like remaking my first attempt. I now have much more experience, and I think I can make a mini-game map that is just as good as Uther Party.

I don't need help with triggers or anything inside the World Editor. What I need from you guys are ideas for fun mini-games. Of course, if I get enough ideas and finish the map, everyone who submits will be credited in the Quests section, and maybe even in-game as a secret or easter egg, that sort of thing.

So, please post any ideas you have, I appreciate it alot. Thanks :)

Edit: Also, as you may have noticed, I need a name for this map.

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Ahaha, I can see some people madly clicking on some rocks to destroy them.

And thanks for the trigger help offer, but like I said, I don't need any WE help, as I am very experienced, especially with the Trigger Editor :)

Anything.

Reaction score
Labyrinth
Make four end-points, and a very small, but open-ended maze (there's more than one path to the exit). Maybe use those Wall (Low) doodads with a high Occluder Height to make the maze?

At the beginning of the game, kill off three end-points randomly, so there is only one left, then create blockers to block off the labyrinth and make a timer. Disable vision and set Maze-Runners to have very little vision.

First one to make it to the portal wins. If time goes out before someone reaches end, it's a draw.

Infernal Pit
Random Flame-Strikes, increasing amounts as time runs out. First one to die wins. No timer.

Kaboooooooooom
Each player plays as a Sapper in a closed up forest, best separated at the different corners, where the sapper will have to explode to get through. When a Sapper dies, revive it at the beginning point.

Most player kills in one minute wins.

The Lumberjack
Everyone plays as a Treant with Eat Tree in a closed forest, and after 15 seconds, spawn an Axed unit (Maybe Grunt or Militia) and then make him go through the trees to kill the Treants.

Kinda like that Dune Worm Distress game in Uther.

Boat Race!
A race with boats!!

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Thanks both of you guys for bringing up great ideas!

Argh, I would give you reputation (scales...) but they don't seem to be working when I click :(

Nevermind, fixed it. Rep to the both of you. And possibly anyone else with ideas ;)

Anything.

Reaction score
Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, Diarrhea
Each player has a unit and there is a restaurant with a bathroom. You take food from the counter to your table and eat it. You must eat the most food in order to win the game.

When you are full, you have to go to the bathroom - and depending on how long you hold it in, the longer you have to stay in the bathroom.

When you are completely full, you are able to puke to make it so you don't have to go to the bathroom, but drop your points down and create a large mess which slows ANYONE down. Bigger mess for more food inside stomach.

Also, you can flactuate to stun enemies within melee range around you.

Battle.net
Builders host games which spawn units periodically and whoever has his builder dead loses. Last one standing wins, with a timer to see if there is a draw.

Games can be DoTA (which sucks), Defi4nc3 (I guess), Wintermaul, Sheep Tag, and etc.

Each type of unit will be different.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I think you need a dodge game.

Rock, Paper, Scissors

-Both players have 5 seconds to type either Rock, Paper, or Scissors
-Use variables and compare them to see who wins
-Make it an elimination tourney

Cave in

-Timed death. Try to get to the end
-Falling stuff that can kill (Use the falling dust doodad)
-Rocks in the way
-First one to the exit wins

Marble Madness

-Basic maze (without units or traps)
-Wisps with high colission and narrow places to run through
-Revive if you die
-First one to the end wins
-If no one in X seconds gets to the end, then no one wins

Spawners

-Build mini barracks that spawn X footmen every X seconds
-Semi fast build (about 3 seconds)
-Upgrades (speed, HP)
-Unit Upgrades (Example: Footmen to Captain, Captain to Knight)
-Overpowered units (1 hit kills)
-Last one standing wins

wonderpriest

Reaction score
More great ideas, yay!

>>Marble Madness
How about if you are just a 'ball' and, you have a spell calles 'Roll' or something, and when you cast, you quickly roll in that direction, maybe using the arrow keys for slight turning. The power of the roll depends on how far away you cast. You would bounce off the walls and other marbles.

>>Spawners
Getting into unit upgrades ruins the simplicity, but I like the idea of a large amount of units and one-hit kills :D

Keep the concepts coming, they are awsome so far!

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I like your idea of marble madness more then mine. :)

I just thought of the upgrades so everyone doesn't go at a stalemate by massing with the shift+click idea.

Space Launch 0

-First one to type '10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0liftoff' wins.

Tractor

-Mow the grass by moving over it
-First one with all the grass mowed wins

Anything.

Reaction score
Sheep Counting
Waves of Sheep which players have to count. Make sure to make the collision very small so they can overlap eachother :D And on the later levels make flying sheep to block out the sheep below.

A player is supposed to type the amount of sheep they counted, and if they counted wrong, they die. If they don't type at the end of a wave, then they die and if they type anything else except the correct amount, then they die as well.

The one who survives all the waves is the winner.

The Green Thumb
Each player has a unit which can grow trees in their own little Garden. Assuming that the tree can survive 10 seconds, it will be removed and a score will be added.

In the center of the mini-game, there can be a shop where the player can buy a bomb which suicides himself to destroy another player's tree, and in 5 seconds, they will be revived.

The Blightcaller
Each player has 2 Wisps and a "Blightcaller" custom which has three "Sacrificial Skull"s in it's inventory. The Blightcaller should have about 100 health and 50 current / 100 max mana (5 mp/s mana regen) and a -12 life degeneration while standing on blight.

While the Blightcaller has 100 mana it can cast a very weak Rejuvenation.

The point of the game is to use Sacrificial Skulls on enemies to degenerate and kill them, but also protect your unit with your Wisp's Detonation (removal of blight), and also trying not to waste your mana by Detonating on your Blightcaller.

Poultry Paroxysm
Each player has a unit, and every so often, a wave of chickens come out of nowhere and use Kaboom on a unit.

If a unit dies, it comes back as a Chicken, and is hell-bent on killing any surviving players.

Chickens chain-explode.

G

Gravedigger

Hunting Season

There is a large forest area in the middle with player spawns on one side and rifle men set up on the side as buildings, they are computer controlled and one attack that can only target terrain (all the grass in the middle) there attack has an area of effect that will deal critical damage to the players who are each random animals with no attacks. They have to reach the outher side without being shot by a rifle man to win.

Sheep Race

Players control sheep who race through a horse race style track with hurdles that they have to jump over using an ability

Archery Range

On one side is a large archery target on the other is the players who cant move but can shoot at the target, 5 times. Each piece of the dartboard is
another box (that cube shaped cage under units when selecting models) colored based on its position in the dart board and gives the player a different amount of gold based on its positon, whoever has the most gold after everyone shoots five shots wins. And oh yay, use a third person to allow better aiming. Shooting will be an ability for their archer that disappears after their five shots (is disabled).

Volcano

Each player controls four villagers in a small village with a large volcano in the middle every few seconds rocks fall from the volcano that kill any villagers hit by it (goblin mines are spawned at the base of the volcano). The villagers are trying to get the top of the volcano where their is an evil wizard who has awakened the dormant volcano. Whoever can kill him (one hit kill) wins.

G

Gravedigger

Foot Race
You have a normal peasant that races through an interesting track of varying terrian occasionally lightning will strike in random places on the map you have to avoid it and the finish area to win

Suicidal mission
Each player controls a small building were they can recuit people using their constantly increasing money. These people, whatever you want them to be have no attack, but one ability, suicidal mission. When activated it will cause them to explode causing critical damage to anything within a large area of effect. Each player starts out with three of these and one of them and there building must still be alive or they are out of the game.

Duck Hunt
Everyone controls a rifle man that can't move, only shoot. in the nearby sky are computer ducks (you might need a custom model) they move very fast but there is a pre-determined invisible area in the sky that they can move around in and thats all they do. A player gets a point for killing a duck (one shot kill) and you win by geting 10 points or 5, your choice.

Anything.

Reaction score
Disemboweling Death Tournament
Each player gets unit with 1000 health, 1000 mana, no regens.

Genesis of Rebirth 100 mana = Heal 333 health
Eviscerate 50 mana = Target 150 damage (Not Storm Bolt!)
Disembowel 509 mana = 1-999 damage
Explode 1 mana = DIE AND DO AOE DAMAGE

Parasite
Each player gets a unit with Parasite ability and three Hostiles will spawn for each active player.

Player without any units loses. Timer expires = DRAW.

Rebounding Reflection
Units, shoot spell, with a dummy spell which reduces damage to zero and shoots back at the direction it came from. Last one alive wins. Timed.

Current:
[Hesperia] Necromancy ORPG - (click here)
[Gardemith] Necromancy ORPG - coming soon

G

Gravedigger

Sumo (based on the game in fusion frenzy)

Everyone has a prison cart that they use to try to push everyone else of the platform that continuosly gets smaller

Super Sheep

You control a sheep with a cape (needs to be a custom model or just the flying sheep model already in game) who continuosly moves forward up moves him, down down, etc. you move him around and rescue sheep in a city (they're the residents your the hero).

Slot Car Race

You have some kind of little car on a track the move you click on your car the faster it goes win the race to win. (2 or 3 laps)

Note these three will be probably be very difficult to make while the others I posted will probably be pretty easy. If you need help with any of them just tell me.

And there are now 36 minigames posted in this thread, 14 more and you'll have as many minigames as uther party!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.