Spell Panda Roll

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll probably recode this as well as Heroic Guard. ABC isn't widely used anymore (it was when this was written), and I think I could probably do some things more efficiently. :)

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I'll probably recode this as well as Heroic Guard. ABC isn't widely used anymore (it was when this was written), and I think I could probably do some things more efficiently. :)

That would be really a great idea, because I'm planning to use it in my map. :p

INCINERATE

Reaction score
hi , i imported this crazy spell however there is a slight problem .. when the panda is rolling by a building .. it will kill it so fast ... now i tried looking threw the triggers and i found the functions under the fields "units affected" ..

then i went to the piece that said unit_type_structure .. and i made sure it was false.. its still killing buildings really fast..

in my map the death of this building determines the winner.. so its like a uber fast Victory lol .. how to get this roll to not affect buildings?

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Change:

JASS:
private constant function BurnDamageFilter takes nothing returns boolean
    return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) == false
endfunction

To:

JASS:
    return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) == false and IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == false
endfunction

That should stop the burning damage from damaging structures.

You could also change it to this:

JASS:
    return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_FLYING) == false and IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == false and GetWidgetLife(GetFilterUnit()) > 0.405
endfunction

That will stop it from trying to damage already dead units (which can be a bad thing depending on what you do in your map).

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
>btw im using your meat hook also :p works nicely .

Then keep your eye out for an update that will be coming soon. It is kinda important.

(Sorry for off topicness)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've started rewriting this. I use Zinc most of the time now though, but I don't think that's a problem for anyone. Note that recoding this isn't particularly high on my to-do list though.

Since just-before-UAC, I got into a habit of commenting my code, especially if it's released publicly.
More people learn from looking at code than I had thought, so it helps. :)

It also helps me when I come back to looking at the code in a few months. :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it'd be a nice addition.

I guess I could always add the option though. :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's been mentioned before.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If this is being redone, would you think about doing a different unit?

Such as a mounted unit that won't stop riding or some other theme.

Then you could give players the option if what unit to use.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The option is already there.
The unit doesn't 'change' it's model, it's simply made transparent. The new effect has a configurable height too.

Simply remove the transparency (in the constants), and change and raise the effect.

The default will remain a panda. :)

INCINERATE

Reaction score
hey, the only prob i got with this spell and the reason why its unusable in my map, is the fact that it rolls up cliffs and such, the prob arises when it rolls up a cliff and the duration is over, now if i don't have an escape ability like blink, hes basically stuck, so can you make sure he doesn't roll up cliffs or go threw the center of buildings? , i tested one where the duration ended exactly when it hit a building, it was stuck in the center of the building unable to move :p :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.