Quick Question about ignoring armor

aggro

Reaction score
Question is clear. is there any passive ability or an upgrade that grants attackers ignoring armors of attacked unit for an amount?

feelingparty

Reaction score
if you want to deal full damage nomatter the amount of the armor the target has, you should use chaos damage as damage type as it goes through all types of armor (i think)

meOme

Reaction score
if you want to deal full damage nomatter the amount of the armor the target has, you should use chaos damage as damage type as it goes through all types of armor (i think)
This is wrong. Chaos damage is reduced by armor like any other attack type.

And I don't think there's any ability that let's you ignore armor.

There's just Orb of Corruption, which reduces the attacked unit's armor by a certain amount.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if you use some uber crazy complicated own damage system you might use "unit - damage target" and use the damage type "unknown" since this will ignore armor values.

basically you would need to detect the attack of a unit, then make the effect deal no damage and use the "damage target" function to simulate the damage instead. however it wouldnt be that easy to get the damage your unit should deal.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
if you use some uber crazy complicated own damage system you might use "unit - damage target" and use the damage type "unknown" since this will ignore armor values.
I did this :D

FannyShaver

Reaction score

Warcraft have two types of damage reduction, first is armor type and other is armor amount. There is basicly no way to make a damage which ignores unless you trigger it with unknown and use trigger action - damage target. More about armor types. Chaos damage indeed ignores armor, but ignores armor type only, and deals full damage to all armor types, but if armor's reduction is 10%, he will deal 90 damage out of 100. If we talk about Siege it deals 50% damage to hero armor and then is reduced by armor amount of hero, means 200 siege damage will deal 100 damage and then 90 because of armor amount reduction of 10%. It is a common mistake thinking chaos deals 100% damage always.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.