Raising the Hero limit

U

Unregistered

I was wondering if there was a way to in crease the amount of heros one player can have. In a normal Melee map each player can only have a maximum of 3 heros, and I would like to raise that number. Can anyone give me some advice?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
you can't increase the max hero limit and still have a melee map since melee maps have very strict rules.

for a custom map:

1) Player - Limit training of <hero> to 1 for Player 1 (Red)
(for all your heros)

2) Add your hero(es) to the Techtree - Dependency Equivalents field of any standard hero which you aren't using (like a neutral one). Note the bold prepositions, don't get it backwards.

Just remember, you need to add your custom heroes to the dependency equivalents of a hero which you aren't using, otherwise the "1 per hero type" limit will go off for that hero when you train a custom hero.

U

Unregistered

Thanx for your help, but I'm a newbie at map making, so I have no idea what u just said to do. But I got what I wanted to get done by removing "Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)" from the trigger editor. Thanx though

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
yeah sorry about that, my answering skills are getting a bit rusty. I used to be able to easily judge the WE skill level of the poster, and give answers that were more appropriate to their needs. I'll be a bit more aware of that from now on. I should have anticipated that removing the limit was a much easier solution for you then what I detailed in my previous post above.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.