US News Red Rover, Red Rover, Tag's All Over - Tag banned in Colorado

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.

Running games are still allowed as long as students don't chase each other, she said.

Fesgen said two parents complained to her about the ban but most parents and children didn't object.

-----------------
First Dodgeball and now Tag? The pussification of America continues. Stay tuned....

Last edited:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You must be kidding?

Nice, my school starts soon. If my P.E teacher ever touches me, I'll sue him for harassing.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
This is sad...I remember in my grade school kids couldn't build snow forts or snowmen because kids kept complaining about them being destroyed...What the hell does it matter! It is snow! It will melt in two months anyways!! But that's Canada, so they didn't ban it, they just made it not allowed hehe.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Um, tag has been baned from our schools here for 6+ years now. :X
As is anything where you have to touch someone else.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Over here in England, this sorta thing's the norm.

They made kids wear safety goggles if they wanted to play conkers.
Tag is banned in many places.
In some places, kids can't even run because of fear of being sued in the event of an accident.

It's the 'elf an' safety nazis, as they are known over here.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I read a statistic that over 50% of Americans are obese, and now we know why.

They ban physical activities. The worst thing to happen with tag is "Your it!" "No your it!" "No touch backs!" "No fair!"

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
I weep for the time when me and a bunch of other people were playing dodgeball and related games with basketballs...that is FUN. Significantly moar intense.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
>I read a statistic that over 50% of Americans are obese, and now we know why.

Ya because people like me realize 'safety' is gonna stop you from whatever you are doing so we sit in front of the computer and/or the television all day and 'safely' let ourselves grow lol

>I weep for the time when me and a bunch of other people were playing dodgeball and related games with basketballs...that is FUN.

Basketballs? Geeze what is wrong with you man!?!?! Try Softballs on for size ;)

In that dodge ball, it's winner takes the rest to the hospital :p

> This is sad...I remember in my grade school kids couldn't build snow forts or snowmen because kids kept complaining about them being destroyed...What the hell does it matter! It is snow! It will melt in two months anyways!! But that's Canada, so they didn't ban it, they just made it not allowed hehe.

meh can't complain. Our Canadian Safety Board isn't too strict, not in the schools I have been in anywho. I mean we still used to build forts...we'd get in shit for 2 minutes, the nthe teachers would help us :D

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
At my old elementy we could play tag, cops and robbers, dodgeball, etc... Even with Snow forts, they just said "If something happens to your fort its your own fault." Ah the care free joys of Canada. :)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Wow... all this time (until the last 4-5 posts) I was thinking of Tag the body sprayed... I was like... wow so the commercials are true?

lol but anyway, soon we won't be able to do anything...

M

MikeTheGuy

No because everything's dangerous. Children have been complaining of being chased and touched on the shoulder. That's highly inappropriate for school, a quarter-second shoulder touch is a quarter-second longer than anyone should be touched on the shoulder. And being chased also has severe mental impacts on the children. They will become paranoid and will need therapy due to being chased as a child.

And dodgeball? Forget it. What if a kid gets hit in the face with 0.5cm of soft, air-filled rubber? Or even a nerf ball of 10cm in diameter??? Good lord, that makes me sick. They may have red marks!!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You forgot all the tripping and fighting for "cheating" that can happen... wow it is bad...

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
>>I weep for the time when me and a bunch of other people were playing dodgeball and related games with basketballs...that is FUN.

Basketballs? Geeze what is wrong with you man!?!?! Try Softballs on for size ;)

In that dodge ball, it's winner takes the rest to the hospital :p

Softballs? Geez what is wrong with you man??!?!? Try Earthballs on for size ;).

As for that actual article....I'm..I'm speechless with angry speechies. I can't believe the stupidity of adults. I...I..I..can't say anything intelligable. It's stupid. It's like...no wonder we don't know what it means to be men and women when this kind of stupidity from adults goes on...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.