(Request) Passive Tanking Ability

Haxxors

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a tanking ability and i'm encountering some problems :p.

I'm trying to create a passive spell that gives a % chance for a unit to be healed for a certain amount whenever it is hit.

I'd like to to scale with strength if at all possible.

So something like, Rank 1 of the spell - 10% chance to be healed for 50+(Level of Strength) when hit.

Just a point in the right direction on what kind of things I need to be modifying.

Thank You :D

blooman

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • ghhg
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Real((Level of The Skill of the pythagorean theorem for (Attacked unit)))) Equal to (==) 1.00
      • (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to (==) Footman
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) Equal to (==) 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to ((Life of (Attacked unit)) + ((Real((Strength of (Attacked unit) (Exclude bonuses)))) + 50.00))

I think itll work
If it doesn't work well im sorry im a noob with gui too

Haxxors

Reaction score
His problem is he wants to be spoon fed the trigger. Then he'll ask for a "demo map" to copy it from.

We don't do things for you, we help you. Try it your self.

It's kind of weird that someone so rude as you is posting on a site called "Thehelper"

My problem is I've already tried the trigger and I dont know how to get it to work on my own.

And no, I will not need a demo map. I know enough to be able to find things once I know what direction I need to go in

You shouldnt jump to such asinine conclusions about someone just because they are asking for assistance.

I don't want someone to do the trigger for me, I want someone to show me the kinds of things I need to manipulate in the trigger so I can learn how to do it and eventually be able to help others with my knowledge of GUI.

This is what I have.

Code:
Regenerating Armor
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Regenerating Armor 
        (Level of Regenerating Armor  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Set RegeneratingArmorCaster = (Triggering unit)
        Set RegeneratingArmorCasterLoc = (Position of RegeneratingArmorCaster)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 5
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at RegeneratingArmorCasterLoc using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\SpiritTouchTarget.mdl
                Set Sfx6 = (Last created special effect)
                Special Effect - Destroy Sfx6
                Unit - Set life of UnitVarCaster12 to ((Life of RegeneratingArmorCaster) + 100.00)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_RegeneratingArmorCasterLoc)

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Code:
Regenerating Armor
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Regenerating Armor 
        (Level of Regenerating Armor  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Set RegeneratingArmorCaster = (Triggering unit)
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at RegeneratingArmorCasterLoc using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\SpiritTouchTarget.mdl
                Set Sfx6 = (Last created special effect)
                Special Effect - Destroy Sfx6
                Unit - Set life of UnitVarCaster12 to ((Life of RegeneratingArmorCaster) + 100.00)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Hmm, yeah, your trigger does need a revamp. Right now it's a bit buggy, and I spy two problems right off the bat.

Code:
Regenerating Armor
    Events
        Unit - A unit [B][COLOR="Red"]is attacked[/COLOR][/B]
    Conditions
        (Level of Regenerating Armor for ([B][COLOR="red"]Attacked unit[/COLOR][/B])) [B][COLOR="Red"]is greater than or equal to[/COLOR][/B] 1
    Actions
        Set RegeneratingArmorCaster = ([B][COLOR="red"]Attacked[/COLOR][/B] unit)
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Destroy [B][COLOR="red"](Last created special effect)[/COLOR][/B]
                Unit - Set life of [B][COLOR="red"]RegeneratingArmorCaster[/COLOR][/B] to ((Life of RegeneratingArmorCaster) + 100.00)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

Your current trigger was basically giving a 5% chance to gain 100 HP when he learned the level 2 skill. It's advisable to wait a little bit before detecting the level of a spell, because otherwise you get screwed up. If you something to be created when you first learn a spell, include a 0.1 second wait timer before detecting the level number. Otherwise the game will read it's level 0, and you'll never get the opportunity. Also, you can do without the "Do nothing", as it does its job perfectly.

His problem is he wants to be spoon fed the trigger. Then he'll ask for a "demo map" to copy it from.

There's a reason we have a "code" section. I understand if someone would be wanting an entire AoS map so they could throw their name on it, but one simple trigger isn't going to be that much of a hassle, is it?

Lyle.

Reaction score

Actually there are plenty of people who are willing to do just that. Don't bother posting if you can't help.

Try using blooman's trigger. Your trigger's event is not going to work.

You need it to trigger when a unit is attacked.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • (Level of The Taste of Blood (lvl9) for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (10 x (Level of The Taste of Blood (lvl9) for (Triggering unit)))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((((Max life of (Triggering unit)) - 100.00) / 25.00) + 50.00))

Basic and simpe... shuld do the trick if all stats are "basic" of ur hero...

change "taste of blood (lvl9)" to ur skill

meaning 25 life each str
have 100 life whit str on 0

now u can play and add all ur effects and alike

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • (Level of The Taste of Blood (lvl9) for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (10 x (Level of The Taste of Blood (lvl9) for (Triggering unit)))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((((Max life of (Triggering unit)) - 100.00) / 25.00) + 50.00))

Basic and simpe... shuld do the trick if all stats are "basic" of ur hero...

change "taste of blood (lvl9)" to ur skill

meaning 25 life each str
have 100 life whit str on 0

now u can play and add all ur effects and alike

All's trigger wrong!!!!!!!!! Use Unit Takes Damage Event pls.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.