Science Researcher throws in the Towel because of Extreme Animal Rights Activists

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The constant calls, the people frightening his children, and the demonstrations in front of his home apparently became a little too much.

Dario Ringach, an associate neurobiology professor at the University of California at Los Angeles, decided this month to give up his research on primates because of pressure put on him, his neighborhood, and his family by the UCLA Primate Freedom Project, which seeks to stop research that harms animals.

Anti-animal research groups are trumpeting Ringach’s move as a victory, while some researchers are worried that it could embolden such groups to use more extreme tactics.

Ringach’s name and home phone number are posted on the Primate Freedom Project’s Web site, and colleagues and UCLA officials said that Ringach was harassed by phone — his office phone number is no longer active — and e-mail, as well as through demonstrations in front of his home.

Last edited:

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
i hate activist. my opinion. i think theyr just noisy.

did anyone see that episode of southpark when a bunch of circus girls stay at stans house and the government wants to kick them out of the country, soo then the protesters come and like stan said something like

"dude i think this is what they do for fun in there free time"

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Sometimes people take their freedom of speech too far. Yes, it is in the constitution, but most people should realize that there is moral boundaries that they should not cross when excercising their rights. Also, I would just like to know how many of those people are taking medication, being so that medication is usually tested on animals before it is released to humans. All these people contradict themselves when they start up demonstrations such as this.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
You mean the UCLA Primate Terrorist Project...

Wikipedia said:
Terrorism is the systematic use, or threatened use, of violence to intimidate a population or government and thereby effect political, religious or ideological change.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.