[RESULTS POSTED] The Tower Contest - The 5th Iteration

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Yes. If you already have rep, you are also allowed to enter. :p
Having more then one beta key does not increase the excess to it, were as hanving more then one rep does more good then having just one! Furthermore, you cant "hand" your 30 rep reward to another person like you can a key. :p

Anyways, I was just asking because some people are banning people who already have keys from these competitions. I don't actually plan on joining.

Great! Guess we'll be seeing more competitions, then. :p

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> JNGP

Yes. Q&A also posted. See beginning of thread.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Shouldn't you provide a demo-map which has a sweet design and a creep spawn?

There is one.... Did you read the rules?

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I didn't see it. Personally I find it hard to see!

Maybe make it bigger at the top or end of the post or in attachements.

(I think you just changed it, eh?)

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I'm in. I just hope I have time to work on it.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Are we allowed to submit more than one entry?

No.

> can I use my program, Moonlite?

No idea. What is it?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I assume that as long as Newgen World Editor (with an updated Jasshelper) can open it, it's fine.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Ghan_04 said:
> can I use my program, Moonlite?

No idea. What is it?

It's a Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 IDE, not released yet though. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to release it before the contest has ended.

Romek said:
I assume that as long as Newgen World Editor (with an updated Jasshelper) can open it, it's fine.

That's the problem. Moonlite has its own file system, so while War3 can run the map, you must either have Moonlite open the project file and view the code through that, or view the files through notepad.

Anyways, if I don't release it before the contest is over, I can't just send the beta to the judges.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> It's a Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 IDE

See Q&A #3.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I don't suppose it would be alright to ask for help on the forums as long as people don't actually do anything for us?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.