Resurrection not after 3 days!

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
This probably best to ask my pastor this but I'll let you try to figure it out first (its an Easter Question)-

Jesus died on Good Friday, probably in the evening. He was resurrected early Sunday morning. Say he died 6 pm Friday and was resurected 6 am Sunday.
Thats 36 hours apart! 1.5 days not 3! :confused:

{ Yes, I know you can think of it as 3 days as in Friday, Saturday, and Sunday}

Have fun thinking this out-

EDIT: opp, sorry put this in wrong section

Tonks

Reaction score
Say he died at 1 am Friday. Then was resurrected at midnight Sunday. That's a full 3 days.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Heheh, well in essence I don't think it's to the date accurate of Jesus's resurrection. It was more of a celebration of his death and resurrection. When it comes down to statistics, there's no real reason for him to be resurrected on any reasonable time frame. There is, of course, good reason for him to have died in the evening/deep in the night.

B

Banana

Erm, don't forget that this was in a Jewish setting. They don't reckon days as Midnight to Midnight as Roman did. Rather, a day is defined from Sunset to Sunset. Therefore, if someone died on a Friday night after sunset, it would be actually Saturday "morning" according to Jewish reckoning.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yep, more reason for us to not be sure of the exact time frame of the event.

After each sunset, there are four watches of three hours, so it could be documented somewhere that he died in the third watch of the night, which would be between "midnight" and 3 am. Not to say that it is, as I'm not aware, just if they would document it, they would document it that way, as they wouldn't be able to be positive about the "time", since they didn't have a good method of keeping a super accurate clock.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
whoa whos rinpun? this is the first time I've seen him post...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Heheh, well in essence I don't think it's to the date accurate of Jesus's resurrection. It was more of a celebration of his death and resurrection. When it comes down to statistics, there's no real reason for him to be resurrected on any reasonable time frame. There is, of course, good reason for him to have died in the evening/deep in the night.

Is this why we hide the eggs?:confused:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
No, thats just so government can get money from jesuses death, just like they get money from his birth (christmas)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Pineapple said:
No, thats just so government can get money from jesuses death, just like they get money from his birth (christmas)

Stores get the money. Government doesn't. They tax to try to get in on it, but they fail miserably :p

And I have no idea what eggs have to do with anything. I think -it- and the candy originally were used to get the kids interested, but it seems to have taken the entire event over (except for the churches that still celebrate the real reason).

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
The eggs come from part of the Bible where Mary Magdelene (sp?) picks up an egg and it turns red to prove that Jesus had ressurected .. Or something like that - A documentary was on about it and I watched parts of it during loading screens of wc3 / css :p

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
You are way too gullible. There is no such thing written.

...You're welcome to look of course, I assure you it is not there. The egg tradition came from one of the [many] gentile countries (forgot which one) and people wishing to make money picked up on it over time.

L

Easter is during spring. Spring is a time of new things. Babies, seedlings, things to be built. All because it is weather that feels good. The eggs also symbolize "new begininngs." As for the whole 3 day thing. Lazarus was resurrected after 3 days and so was Jesus. After 3 days the body starts to decompose and badly smells. The whole reason it was 3 days is all for theatrics. It's to show everyone that Jesus has the power to bring people back to life even at the most vile of states.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Theatrics? If he was God it would be his choice to make it three days or five days or whatever, but I see sort of what you mean :p

Also, He told the Pharisees that they could destroy the temple and He would build it back up in three days, so he was more like keeping his promise there than anything else. He could've easily said four+ days though.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I was somewhat ambiguous with my post, but I was mainly trying to point out that there's no correlation between Easter and the ressurection of Jesus. xD

I believe the eggs represent fertility, the springtime of new births. I do know that Christmas and Easter were adopted from Pagan holidays, and the Spring festival of the pagans was slowly turned into Easter and the celebration of Jesus' ressurection.

I think that mainly comes from the fact that many pagans saw the light, and adapted their festivals of the seasons into celebrations of their new lord.

No idea what the bunny or the eggs (Bunnies don't even lay eggs o_O) are for, must have something to do with the insanely fact reproduction of rabbits.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
You are way too gullible. There is no such thing written.

...You're welcome to look of course, I assure you it is not there. The egg tradition came from one of the [many] gentile countries (forgot which one) and people wishing to make money picked up on it over time.

Well the documentary said it was written in a Gospel which I assumed to be in the Bible.

"Tradition relates, that in Italy Mary Magdalene visited the Emperor Tiberias (14-37 AD) and proclaimed to him about Christ's Resurrection. According to tradition, she took him an egg as a symbol of the Resurrection, a symbol of new life with the words: "Christ is Risen!" Then she told Tiberias that, in his Province of Judea, Jesus the Nazarene, a holy man, a maker of miracles, powerful before God and all mankind, was executed on the instigation of the Jewish High-Priests and the sentence affirmed by the procurator Pontius Pilate. Tiberias responded that no one could rise from the dead, anymore than the egg she held could turn red. Miraculously, the egg immediately began to turn red as testimony to her words. Then, and by her urging, Tiberias had Pilate removed from Jerusalem to Gaul, where he later suffered a horrible sickness and an agonizing death." - http://www.thenazareneway.com/mary_magdalene.htm

L

Ok....Well then..... That kinda ends this thread. Thanks for ruining our fun NoxMortus. j/k That's a good story. I hope I remember it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Speaking of the Easter Bunny when he came I shot him with a crossbow under my bed

(What we can't hide weapons anymore)

But anyway somethings in a hoilday were to make it to over reglions would convert like the christmas tree and also the date of christmas was made that way for some reglion that loved trees (forgot its name) would convert. Easter Eggs i think came from the stories of the Easter Bunny and then the Hoilday company got there hands on it....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.