Script Error- Help?

CrazyCon

Reaction score
I am making a map that involves choosing a Hero, then having that hero spawn at a certain place. He then walks to another region, and is transported to another region that is within the actual game map. It was working fine, and I was happy with it (trigger newbie). But now, I've just entered World Editor and suddenly I can't Test Map because suddenly all of my triggers are apparently messed up by some Script Error. It was fine just a day ago. Why has it suddenly done this? How can I fix it?

Please help!!

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
It might be because of the new patch 1.24....I read it has also broken blizzard made custom maps. But it shouldn't be too hard to fix right?

CrazyCon

Reaction score
I don't know. The only thing I can think of to do is to simply redo all the triggers. This will work, but it'll be very annoying lol. They are like 10 of the same triggers, with little variations. If I could just copy triggers and then change the the things needed, that would be much easier, but I don't know how to do that. If you know how to do that with Reign of Choas please tell me.

Also, I don't really know what caused the Script Error. I can't read that mumbo jumbo computer language, I just know that what ever caused it shouldn't have, because I didn't do anything to it. It just suddenly stopped working. Without the cause, I can't figure out how to fix or find help. And when was this Patch Released? I know WC3 gets these updates, but I never know anything about them. I just know I have to download them every once in a while lol.

Silver

Reaction score
Select a Trigger in Trigger Editor
Press CTRL + C
Press CTRL + V
You have now copied and pasted a trigger.

CrazyCon

Reaction score
Hmm. I thought I remember trying to Copy/Paste and it not working. Perhaps I am over thinking this. Yah C/P would probably work. I musta been doing something else before.

CrazyCon

Reaction score
Well that's it, I've given up. Even if I recreate the triggers, they for some reason end up bugged with that frigging script error. My map is basically doomed, which sucks. I thought it'd be pretty cool. It was a Dungeon Map. You chose a hero, then fight along 4 other players in order beat the dungeon. There would be bosses and bad guys and all of that. It was based off of World of WarCraft. I had all the classes, and I think I got them almost balanced. I didn't finish because of this damn Script Error thing that showed up. If anyone likes my idea, they can use the map I made to try to finsh it, and make a more advanced, better one. I'm just a noob who is tired of dumb stuff like DoTa and that crappy Footman Wars. ugh, Footmen Blood is WAY better.

Bottom Line___ if you're bored and want to make a good map on RoC, check out mine and make it better. Just put "Original Idea by CrazyCon" and I'll be fine. I suppose nobody will actually try to make this map into a real map but . . . worth a try- lol.

If you actually do try to continue this map, which I think would have been very fun, then you'll have to make a totally new map, because mine is so messed up with some dumb Script Error that you can't test it or anything, you can just see what has been done, and what the classes are like. Some of the classes have too many spells, which I still need to get rid of. And some of them are too powerful and whatnot. But basically, they are just different Heros that are either Tank, DPS, or Heals. Priest is heals, Paladin is Tank, rest are DPS. Some are okay at Tank or Heals, but aren't recommended. So if you continue this map, good luck. :p

Attachments

• WoW Dungeon-Draenor.w3m
    29.6 KB · Views: 135

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
CrazyCon I downloaded your map and tested it and there wasn't any "script errors", you made it in gui and that's 'script error proof'. Don't give up and finish your map. + don't you think the Demon Hunter(Rogue) has a bit too fast attack speed : )?

CrazyCon

Reaction score
It's not bugged? That's really odd, because it isn't working for me. And yah the Rogue has too much power, I changed his attack to a lower dmg so that he would have the speed but he wouldn't kill really fast. More speed helps make the Critical Strike a more useful ability.

You may be right about it being "script-Error proof and whatnot" but it isn't working on my computer. I don't know why this script error crap is appearing, but nothing I do (including redo-ing the triggers) is helping. Perhaps I'll email it to my other computer and see if it works okay there. It worked on yours apparently, so hopefully I can finish it by just using a different computer. Thank you___ Sgqvur

Silver

Reaction score
I'm unable to save the map either, but it's not giving a trigger error, so maybe you should just start a new map, select everything from the previous map (object data, terrain, doodads, units), press CTRL + C, load the new map, CTRL + V, then do triggers and voila.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.