Server Splits on my maps Ingame! Why?

addeownage

Reaction score
I have a problem with many of my maps, Server splits and ppl disconnect! I don't know how to fix em. For example, in my Td, after like the towers starts shooting 1-2 (4player map) get DC(could also happen randomly. And in my hero arena "kinda map", server splits occur randomly.

h L e P :O

B

benj_war3

Maybe that map has so much leaks that the game would crash..

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Would not removing variables split the server?

I had like around 67 unremoveable variables in my ROC map...

B

benj_war3

Theories:

Theory #1: Net can lag or disconnect the members or the host.

Theory #2: Hacked map

Theory #3: Not updated/patched W3. ( Don't know .. Just in my mind )

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Leaks can cause splits???
Yea of course..

If internet connection is slow then maybe it can disconnect the players.. that happned in our last dota game when one player disconnected then the others dc'd cause the net is slow or slow comp performance.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I've never ever seen leaks causing server split (and alot of my very old test maps leaked an insane amount of times and noone ever got d/c'ed in testing). Maybe you are talking about leaks causing tremendous lag and forcing someone to quit???

that happned in our last dota game when one player disconnected then the others dc'd cause the net is slow or slow comp performance.

That'd be the host's problem though, wouldn't it?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>Avoid changigc Creep Camp Radius in gameplay constants
Haha :) Good old Creep camp radius (pathing cells)...

>>That'd be the host's problem though, wouldn't it?
Most likely, unless the code in dota is...

>>I've never ever seen leaks causing server split
Second that, maps are playable even with 10.000 leaks in it (depending on how big each leak is of course...). Only thing with leaks is FPS drop, slowing down the performance.

>>Would not removing variables split the server?
<>I had like around 67 unremoveable variables in my ROC map...
No it would not.
67 variables? consider that a lot? It is not.

Do fix the leaks, it makes the code 'better'.

I got this rule (sounds awful in English though): If it gives you headache to read through the triggers, it will also give headache to wc3.
That rule counts for all the 'editors', not only the trigger editor, but also object editor...

Last: Try to avoid removing units with spell books from the game, specially preplaced ones.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
ManyTimes said:
I got this rule: If it gives you headache to read through the triggers, it will also give headache to wc3.
That rule counts for all the 'editors', not only the trigger editor, but also object editor...

Oh really?

If I make my map full of codes and make comments for each one action (Like a post-it note for each action), and make a read-me comment for the the rest of the editors, would it make the game play in WC3 a headache?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I think he means sloppy coding as opposed to something like adding comments. I doubt comments have any impact whatsoever on gameplay (since they don't really do anything).
By sloppy coding, I mean doing something using 10 lines of code, even though it's possible to to do it in alot less (using loops for example to repeat your set of x actions 10 times, rather than making out a trigger with 10x actions (x is just an unknown value :p)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
What if the sloppy coding is in a w3m map?

Would that count as sloppy, since you don't have the Loop, the Integer B, doing multiple actions within the Integer A/B, IF/then/else multiple actions, etc...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.