Shadow Volley

aussj4link

Reaction score
I've seen in a few maps a form of Shadow Volley from WoW. Basically firing shadow bolts at all targets within a certain range of the caster at once. I was wondering how that is done and if possible to add a stun to the effect which say lasts 5 seconds on normal units and 2 seconds on heroes. Also if possible could the same thing be done with ice bolts instead which instead of stunning they slow the effected targets for a short while. I'm not really sure where to even start with these abilities so hopefully I can get some help with that here, thanks!

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You will need to pick all units near the caster, and then just do a loop and pick each unit and send effects towards them.

Of course, it'd be nicer in JASS, since you use an oftly large amount of BJ's with groups :)

aussj4link

Reaction score
yeah unfortunately I know nothing about Jass, I barely know anything at all about GUI, all I know is from experimenting trying to get something to work and what help I've had from here. I'll try my hand at doing what you said about picking the units around the caster and doing effects, letcha know what happens ina bit, thanks.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen in a few maps a form of Shadow Volley from WoW. Basically firing shadow bolts at all targets within a certain range of the caster at once. I was wondering how that is done and if possible to add a stun to the effect which say lasts 5 seconds on normal units and 2 seconds on heroes. Also if possible could the same thing be done with ice bolts instead which instead of stunning they slow the effected targets for a short while. I'm not really sure where to even start with these abilities so hopefully I can get some help with that here, thanks!

are you talking about the "barrage" ability which is practically multi-shot or the "phoenix fire" which sends out waves of missles to targets in range on set intervalls?
maybe you should check out both of them, however the stun and the slow part are not that easy to make.

aussj4link

Reaction score
Am I doing this right? I'm confused lol.

Trigger:
  • Shadow Volley
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Volley
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathCoil\DeathCoilMissile.mdl

Also how would I change this effect for leveling it up? the only things that would change are damage and stun length per level.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You would need to use a condition, or an If/Then/Else for each level. Of course, you could also use the [LJASS]arithmetic[/LJASS] function.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Your basic damage ability sounds like Fan of Knives to me. However I'm not familiar with WoW abilities.

To add the slow you would need to use a dummy unit that has a custom Storm Bolt or Shadow Strike, and base your main ability off channel. When you cast your channel, pick every enemy unit within x range of the caster, create a dummy at the position of your caster, and order the dummy to storm bolt/shadow strike picked unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.